State officials in New York have agreed on one point: that they will not let the New York Racing Association shut down after the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) or for the Saratoga summer meet.
A deal to keep New York City Off-Track Betting Corp. from shuttering could be at hand, according to the head of the state Assembly's racing committee.
- By Tom Precious
The long-awaited Request For Proposals for the franchise to operate racing at Aqueduct, Belmont and Saratoga was approved for release June 13 by a state government panel, though it appears increasingly unlikely the winning bidder will be selected this year.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- San Pablo's First Winner Scores at Finger Lakes
- The Week in Photos 7/25/2017
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes