Though I'll Have Another ran him down in deep stretch in the Kentucky Derby at Churchill, all signs point to Bodemeister being the one to beat in Preakness 137 at Pimlico Race Course May 19.
Will it be I'll Have Another once again? Will Bodemeister get revenge? Or will one of the new players take the Black-eyed Susans? Predict the Order
Rather than take Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner I'll Have Another out to exercise on a wet track the morning of May 15, trainer Doug O'Neill opted to keep Reddam Racing's star 3-year-old under cover.
In what is easily the most wide-open field of all the final Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) preps, the $500,000 Illinois Derby (gr. III) drew a full field of 14 for the April 7 event at Hawthorne Race Course.
With the exception of Eclipse Award winner Hansen, a large but rather unaccomplished field of 13 has lined up for the $400,000 Gotham (gr. III) March 3 at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Miss Serendipity, Blanc Snatch Yellow Ribbon
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster
- Cary Street Rides Rail to Greenwood Surprise
- Protonico Surges in Smarty Jones for Pletcher
- Ring Weekend at Home on Turf in Saranac Win
- Fall Meet at Los Alamitos Begins Sept. 5
- Belmont Fall Championship Meet Opens Sept. 5
- Munirah Arrives Late for Boiling Springs Win