Though I'll Have Another ran him down in deep stretch in the Kentucky Derby at Churchill, all signs point to Bodemeister being the one to beat in Preakness 137 at Pimlico Race Course May 19.
Will it be I'll Have Another once again? Will Bodemeister get revenge? Or will one of the new players take the Black-eyed Susans? Predict the Order
Rather than take Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner I'll Have Another out to exercise on a wet track the morning of May 15, trainer Doug O'Neill opted to keep Reddam Racing's star 3-year-old under cover.
In what is easily the most wide-open field of all the final Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) preps, the $500,000 Illinois Derby (gr. III) drew a full field of 14 for the April 7 event at Hawthorne Race Course.
With the exception of Eclipse Award winner Hansen, a large but rather unaccomplished field of 13 has lined up for the $400,000 Gotham (gr. III) March 3 at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist's BC Work Less Than Ideal
- Stellar Wind Remains on Schedule for Distaff
- Tepin, Classic Empire Work at Churchill Downs
- Getting Started on Breeders' Cup Handicapping
- Smile for Daddy
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Beholder, Frosted Drill at Santa Anita
- Living The Life Retired, Won't Run in BC