Take a trip to the '80s as I revisit the victories by Ferdinand, Alysheba, Winning Colors, and Sunday Silence. As well as some of the other characters I found along the way. Read Blog
Two-time champion and 1988 Horse of the Year Alysheba returned to his Kentucky roots Oct. 31 and took up residence at the Kentucky Horse Park's Hall of Champions, where he will be admired by the fans he thrilled in his Hall of Fame career.
The proposed development of a new Super Wal-Mart and Home Depot at Hamburg Place Shopping Center near Lexington could cause the removal and relocation of 18 horse graves. The graves date back to 1898 Kentucky Derby winner Plaudit.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist
- Asmussen, Albarado Team for Four-Win Day
- Favored Act of War Captures Cape Guineas
- CHRB Eyes Scratching of Unreported Geldings
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer