July 24 was a red-letter day at Saratoga Race Course for Preston Madden and his son Patrick.
$500,000 broodmare Roan Inish led gains in average and median at the Keeneland January mixed sale's second session, which sellers continued to describe as selective and buyers described fierce competition for top lots.
Veracity, a 5-year-old Distorted Humor mare offered as a broodmare prospect, was purchased by Mike Ryan, agent, for $460,000 during the late stages of Keeneland's January horses of all ages second session.
Take a trip to the '80s as I revisit the victories by Ferdinand, Alysheba, Winning Colors, and Sunday Silence. As well as some of the other characters I found along the way. Read Blog
Two-time champion and 1988 Horse of the Year Alysheba returned to his Kentucky roots Oct. 31 and took up residence at the Kentucky Horse Park's Hall of Champions, where he will be admired by the fans he thrilled in his Hall of Fame career.
The proposed development of a new Super Wal-Mart and Home Depot at Hamburg Place Shopping Center near Lexington could cause the removal and relocation of 18 horse graves. The graves date back to 1898 Kentucky Derby winner Plaudit.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Strike Charmer Bests Lady Eli in Ballston Spa
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Drefong Gallops Home to King's Bishop Score
- Nyquist Begins Work for Pennsylvania Derby
- Calvin Borel Returns to Riding at Ellis Park
- Flintshire Dominant Again in Sword Dancer
- Cavorting on Top in Personal Ensign
- A.P. Indian Gets Second Grade I in Forego
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief