Take a trip to the '80s as I revisit the victories by Ferdinand, Alysheba, Winning Colors, and Sunday Silence. As well as some of the other characters I found along the way. Read Blog
Two-time champion and 1988 Horse of the Year Alysheba returned to his Kentucky roots Oct. 31 and took up residence at the Kentucky Horse Park's Hall of Champions, where he will be admired by the fans he thrilled in his Hall of Fame career.
The proposed development of a new Super Wal-Mart and Home Depot at Hamburg Place Shopping Center near Lexington could cause the removal and relocation of 18 horse graves. The graves date back to 1898 Kentucky Derby winner Plaudit.
Most Popular Stories
- Pedigree Analysis: Caro
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Top Sprinter Secret Circle Retired to Stud
- Renamed First Winner for Everyday Heroes
- First Winner Lands for Sire General Quarters
- Top Sanford Runners Meet Again in Hopeful
- Boden Takes on Key Positions at Calumet Farm
- Curlin to Hill 'n' Dale in 2016
- Former Derby Museum Resident Au Moon Dies
- Ireland and the Thoroughbred