Take a trip to the '80s as I revisit the victories by Ferdinand, Alysheba, Winning Colors, and Sunday Silence. As well as some of the other characters I found along the way. Read Blog
Two-time champion and 1988 Horse of the Year Alysheba returned to his Kentucky roots Oct. 31 and took up residence at the Kentucky Horse Park's Hall of Champions, where he will be admired by the fans he thrilled in his Hall of Fame career.
The proposed development of a new Super Wal-Mart and Home Depot at Hamburg Place Shopping Center near Lexington could cause the removal and relocation of 18 horse graves. The graves date back to 1898 Kentucky Derby winner Plaudit.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Panelists to Horse Racing: Spin Isn't In
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- Racing is Ripe for More Advanced Statistics
- BloodHorse.com New Navigation Tour
- NYRA Chief Discusses Aspects of Growth Plan
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record
- Suffolk Casino Project to be Put to New Vote
- Slideshow: Royal Delta