Take a trip to the '80s as I revisit the victories by Ferdinand, Alysheba, Winning Colors, and Sunday Silence. As well as some of the other characters I found along the way. Read Blog
Two-time champion and 1988 Horse of the Year Alysheba returned to his Kentucky roots Oct. 31 and took up residence at the Kentucky Horse Park's Hall of Champions, where he will be admired by the fans he thrilled in his Hall of Fame career.
The proposed development of a new Super Wal-Mart and Home Depot at Hamburg Place Shopping Center near Lexington could cause the removal and relocation of 18 horse graves. The graves date back to 1898 Kentucky Derby winner Plaudit.
Most Popular Stories
- Constitution to Make Stakes Debut in FL Derby
- Jockey Club 2014 Fact Book Posted Online
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- That Handicapping Show: Rebel Stakes
- ThistleDown Racino Meet to Begin April 19
- LTBA Announces 2013 Champions
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel