Champion Groupie Doll continued preparations for the Oct. 5 Thoroughbred Club of America Stakes (gr. I) and a Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint (gr. I) defense with a half-mile move over the slop at Churchill Sept. 21.
While Groupie Doll returned from a layup with a passable third in the Gardenia Stakes (gr. III) at Ellis Park, she'll have little margin for error in the $400,000 Presque Isle Downs Masters Stakes (gr. II) Sept. 9.
Champion female sprinter Groupie Doll zipped through four furlongs the morning of July 5 at Churchill Downs, earning a bullet with a :47 1/5 drill with jockey Leandro Goncalves in the irons.
Miss Macy Sue and Wild Gams, a pair of graded stakes winners who finished one-two in the race last year, have been ticketed to go postward again in the second running of the $400,000 Presque Isle Downs Masters Stakes Sept. 13.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales
- Purses, Races Set for WV Classics Card
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Plenty of Options for Bayern after Haskell
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Kingman, Toronado Set for Sussex Clash
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil