Groupie Doll, the 2012 champion female sprinter, will make her seasonal debut Aug. 10 in the Gardenia Stakes (gr. III) at Ellis Park, according to trainer Buff Bradley.
Informed Decision, last year's champion female sprinter, returns to Arlington Park to to defend her title in the $100,000 Chicago Handicap (gr. III).
MTR Gaming Group reported declines in revenue and earnings for 2009, but also saw improvement in these areas for the fourth quarter of the year.
Gerald Bennett, who 33 years ago won with the first horse he ever saddled at old Greenwood Race Track in Toronto, registered the 3,000th victory of his career Aug. 28 when Shegoestoeleven won in a photo finish in the eighth race at Presque Isle Downs.
Miss Macy Sue and Wild Gams, a pair of graded stakes winners who finished one-two in the race last year, have been ticketed to go postward again in the second running of the $400,000 Presque Isle Downs Masters Stakes Sept. 13.
MTR Gaming Group Inc. reported Aug. 9 it swung to a loss in the second quarter due to costs related to the launch of its new slots parlor at Presque Isle Downs racetrack in Pennsylvania.
Presque Isle Downs, currently under construction near Erie, Pa., plans to offer 25 nights of Thoroughbred racing for its inaugural season in September 2007, track officials and horsemen said.
With minimal discussion, Pennsylvania racing commissioners Thursday morning granted MTR Gaming permission to build and operate a new racetrack in Erie.
Presque Isle Downs, the Thoroughbred racetrack proposed for Erie, Pa., was the subject of a Pennsylvania State Horse Racing Commission hearing Oct. 9 in Erie.
Most Popular Stories
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Marathon Valedictory Closes Out Woodbine Meet
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- Northern California Race Dates Approved
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Longshot Proves First Winner for Tippity Tap
- Penn National Plans to Race 200 Days in 2014
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity