Lucky First, a Kentucky-bred 4-year-old son of Curlin, won Russia's most lucrative race June 11 at the Central Moscow Hippodrome. Bred by Becky Winemiller, Lucky First won the $291,000 President of the Russian Federation.
With Russian President Vladimir Putin and other dignitaries from the Gas Exporting Countries' Forum in attendance July 1, American-bred horses ran first and second in the President's Cup at the Central Moscow Hippodrome.
Trailing the field for three-quarters of a mile, Soldier's Dancer made a late surge to emerge with a two-length victory in the $250,000 PTHA President's Cup over a yielding turf course at Philadelphia Park Sept. 13.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief a Massive Favorite in Big 'Cap
- Coffee Pot Brews a Good One in Carpe Diem
- Weather Forces Racing, Event Cancellations
- Major Stakes Winners Show Up for Hillsborough
- Three Derby Preps Highlight Huge Weekend
- Georgia Pari-Mutuel Legislation Advances
- Divisidero Has Buzz in Redrawn Palm Beach
- Betfair U.S. Enjoys 25% Spike in Revenue
- Consumer Credit Ranks High in Fla. Oaks
- 'Salutos,' Dads Caps Clash Again in Tom Fool