Lucky First, a Kentucky-bred 4-year-old son of Curlin, won Russia's most lucrative race June 11 at the Central Moscow Hippodrome. Bred by Becky Winemiller, Lucky First won the $291,000 President of the Russian Federation.
With Russian President Vladimir Putin and other dignitaries from the Gas Exporting Countries' Forum in attendance July 1, American-bred horses ran first and second in the President's Cup at the Central Moscow Hippodrome.
Trailing the field for three-quarters of a mile, Soldier's Dancer made a late surge to emerge with a two-length victory in the $250,000 PTHA President's Cup over a yielding turf course at Philadelphia Park Sept. 13.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- White Beauty Lineage
- Laurel Park to Introduce Fans to Ownership Experience
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic