Lucky First, a Kentucky-bred 4-year-old son of Curlin, won Russia's most lucrative race June 11 at the Central Moscow Hippodrome. Bred by Becky Winemiller, Lucky First won the $291,000 President of the Russian Federation.
With Russian President Vladimir Putin and other dignitaries from the Gas Exporting Countries' Forum in attendance July 1, American-bred horses ran first and second in the President's Cup at the Central Moscow Hippodrome.
Trailing the field for three-quarters of a mile, Soldier's Dancer made a late surge to emerge with a two-length victory in the $250,000 PTHA President's Cup over a yielding turf course at Philadelphia Park Sept. 13.
Most Popular Stories
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Finnegans Wake to Stand at Ballena Vista Farm