Lucky First, a Kentucky-bred 4-year-old son of Curlin, won Russia's most lucrative race June 11 at the Central Moscow Hippodrome. Bred by Becky Winemiller, Lucky First won the $291,000 President of the Russian Federation.
With Russian President Vladimir Putin and other dignitaries from the Gas Exporting Countries' Forum in attendance July 1, American-bred horses ran first and second in the President's Cup at the Central Moscow Hippodrome.
Trailing the field for three-quarters of a mile, Soldier's Dancer made a late surge to emerge with a two-length victory in the $250,000 PTHA President's Cup over a yielding turf course at Philadelphia Park Sept. 13.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic Endgame for Gun Runner in 2017
- Knee Chip Knocks El Areeb Off Derby Trail
- Sheikh Mohammed 'Definitely' Plans to Hike DWC Purse
- Del Mar Altering Main Track Banking and Grading
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Baffert Could Send Three to Santa Anita Derby
- Suffolk Downs Sale Approved by Gaming Commission
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Zimmer Relocated to Poplar Creek in Ohio