Lucky First, a Kentucky-bred 4-year-old son of Curlin, won Russia's most lucrative race June 11 at the Central Moscow Hippodrome. Bred by Becky Winemiller, Lucky First won the $291,000 President of the Russian Federation.
With Russian President Vladimir Putin and other dignitaries from the Gas Exporting Countries' Forum in attendance July 1, American-bred horses ran first and second in the President's Cup at the Central Moscow Hippodrome.
Trailing the field for three-quarters of a mile, Soldier's Dancer made a late surge to emerge with a two-length victory in the $250,000 PTHA President's Cup over a yielding turf course at Philadelphia Park Sept. 13.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Which Game On Dude Will Show Up in Classic?
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Obviously Targets Del Mar Mile Three-Peat
- CHRB Amends Fee Scale for Losing Jockeys
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- TVG to Have Enhanced Pacific Classic Coverage
- Big Blue Kitten Back in Jersey's Cliff Hanger
- Champion Benny the Bull to Bridlewood in 2015
- Compound Pharmacy Reinforces Safety Standards