Grade I-winning miler Jack Milton will enter stud at Pope McLean's Crestwood Farm in Kentucky for the 2016 season, where he will stand for a published fee of $6,500.
Top miler Jack Milton, currently the leading U.S. turf earner for his sire War Front, has been retired and will be offered as a stallion prospect at Fasig-Tipton's mixed sale in Lexington on Nov. 1.
Jack Milton's win in $300,000 Poker (gr. IIIT) propels trainer Todd Pletcher to the top of all-time earnings list.
Still last in mid-stretch, Peace Preserver rallied between horses to secure the first graded stakes win of her career with an upset tally in the $200,000 Noble Damsel Stakes (gr. IIIT) Sept. 14 at Belmont Park.
Gary Barber's Jack Milton came up from Florida to earn his first stakes score, holding off the late charge of Up With the Birds to win the $100,000 Transylvania Stakes (gr. IIIT) on opening day at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Look Back: Dr. Fager Delivers on Turf in United Nations
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Get your Scorecard, the Travers Trail Has Begun
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker