Plans call for the usual 60-day summer meeting in 2013 beginning on Memorial Day. The track has not raced since 2010 and last year former owner Yavapai County Farm and Agriculture Association filed Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
A large increase in assessed property taxes at the Arizona racetrack threatens the scuttle this year's meet.
The Yavapai County Fairgrounds' board of trustees has contracted Bill Murphy to be its consulting executive director and Mike Mullaney to be its on-site general manager. The Arizona track slated to open May 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Company Selected to Update AHC Impact Study
- Nine Entries Added to Fasig-Tipton November
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill