A former president of the Arizona Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association submitted the highest bid of $3.25 million for bankrupt Yavapai Downs and hopes to return horse racing there this year.
Albert Funk, 73, a former president of Prescott Downs, died Tuesday at Scripps Clinic in La Jolla, Calif., following a brief illness.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Honorable Duty Aims to Continue Fair Grounds Roll
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field