A former president of the Arizona Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association submitted the highest bid of $3.25 million for bankrupt Yavapai Downs and hopes to return horse racing there this year.
Albert Funk, 73, a former president of Prescott Downs, died Tuesday at Scripps Clinic in La Jolla, Calif., following a brief illness.
Most Popular Stories
- Ben's Cat Victorious in Return at Laurel
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Minding Leads Sweep in One Thousand Guineas
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Maurice, Chautauqua Victorious in Hong Kong