A former president of the Arizona Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association submitted the highest bid of $3.25 million for bankrupt Yavapai Downs and hopes to return horse racing there this year.
Albert Funk, 73, a former president of Prescott Downs, died Tuesday at Scripps Clinic in La Jolla, Calif., following a brief illness.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill