A former president of the Arizona Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association submitted the highest bid of $3.25 million for bankrupt Yavapai Downs and hopes to return horse racing there this year.
Albert Funk, 73, a former president of Prescott Downs, died Tuesday at Scripps Clinic in La Jolla, Calif., following a brief illness.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered
- Ward Joins Water Hay Oats Alliance