Jockey Rodney Prescott earned his 2,000th career victory Oct. 18 at Hoosier Park when he guided the front-running Sefayoself to a convincing win in the third race of the evening.
Favored Albanova won her third consecutive German group I, capturing the IVG-Preis von Europa at Cologne Sunday by a half-length over Saldentigerin, but she made hard work of it under strong urging from jockey Seb Sanders.
British invader Albanova won her second group I in Germany in the past two weeks, taking the 1 1/2-mile Rheineland-Pokal der Stadtsparkasse Koln with a final 100-yard burst Sunday at Cologne.
Most Popular Stories
- Tournaments Growing Fans and Owners
- Immediate Effects of Shoeing on Horses' Movement
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Panelists to Horse Racing: Spin Isn't In
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- BloodHorse.com New Navigation Tour
- Racing is Ripe for More Advanced Statistics
- NYRA Chief Discusses Aspects of Growth Plan
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record