Following his business plan, Ahmed Zayat of Zayat Stables will offer more than 70 horses, including grade III winner Baroness Thatcher, during the 2008 Keeneland November breeding stock sale, which begins Nov. 3. Eaton Sales will consign the horses, which will include racing, broodmare, and stallion prospects, as well as a few weanlings.
With the surprising retirement of Benny the Bull and the disappointing effort by Midnight Lute last weekend, all of a sudden the sprint division has become wide open. Should he claim victory in the $250,000 Forego Stakes (gr. I) Aug. 30 at Saratoga, Shadwell Stable's Lucky Island could catapult himself into the upper echelon of those ranks.
Shadwell Stable's Lucky Island, an Argentine-bred colt that has won three straight, including the May 10 Bold Ruler Handicap (gr. III), will face the stiffest competition of his short career July 4 in the $200,000 Tom Fool Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park.
Bustin Stones took his sixth race in a row when he proved victorious in the Carter Handicap (gr. I).
Bustin Stones led from gate to wire and held off a late challenge by Lord Snowdon to notch his fifth consecutive win, and first graded-stakes score, in the General George Handicap (gr. II) at Laurel Park Feb. 18.
Fox Ridge Farm homebred Tasteyville led all the way while winning the $142,500 Sport Page Handicap (gr. III) by 9 1/4 lengths over a small field assembled at a sloppy Aqueduct Oct. 27.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- Keeneland-Based Horses are BC Bound
- Dimension Looking to Improve in Turf Sprint
- Top 3-Year-Olds Abound in BC Classic
- Pour Moi Colt Tops Yearling Action at Arqana
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Complete Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries
- Departing Heads Hagyard Fayette Field
- Breeders' Cup Lists Start Times, Bet Options