Trainer Tom Albertrani may have a promising 3-year-old on the Derby trail for Darley Stable-or so it would seem after the $109,000 Whirlaway Stakes. Going 1 1/16-miles over Aqueduct's inner track, Darley's Barrier Reef battled it down to the wire with a tenacious Roman Emperor and eked out a determined half-length win Feb. 2.
Premiership, who led the nation by 2-year-old winners as a freshman sire, died in June at Cam and Sherisse Ziprick's Ziprick Thoroughbreds near Russell, Manitoba, Canada.
Lucky North and Premiership, who have combined to sire more than 50 stakes winners, have been moved to Cam and Sherisse Ziprick's Ziprick Thoroughbreds near Russell, Manitoba, Canada.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Purses, Races Set for WV Classics Card
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Plenty of Options for Bayern after Haskell
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- Kingman, Toronado Set for Sussex Clash