Trainer Tom Albertrani may have a promising 3-year-old on the Derby trail for Darley Stable-or so it would seem after the $109,000 Whirlaway Stakes. Going 1 1/16-miles over Aqueduct's inner track, Darley's Barrier Reef battled it down to the wire with a tenacious Roman Emperor and eked out a determined half-length win Feb. 2.
Premiership, who led the nation by 2-year-old winners as a freshman sire, died in June at Cam and Sherisse Ziprick's Ziprick Thoroughbreds near Russell, Manitoba, Canada.
Lucky North and Premiership, who have combined to sire more than 50 stakes winners, have been moved to Cam and Sherisse Ziprick's Ziprick Thoroughbreds near Russell, Manitoba, Canada.
Most Popular Stories
- Dance With Fate Off the Bench for San Diego
- Tonalist, Wicked Strong Headline Jim Dandy
- Record Breakers Headed for Del Mar Debutante
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Can Coup de Grace Land Blow in Amsterdam?
- Daring Dancer Prevails in Lake George Stakes
- Art Sherman to Receive Laffit Pincay Award
- Shanon Nicole Takes Off-Turf Indiana Grand
- Haskin: The Saint of Saratoga
- Eight Stakes Set for Churchill in September