A daughter of Fastnet Rock brought Aust$300,000 ($320,670 in U.S. funds) Feb. 27 to top the opening session of the William Inglis & Son Melbourne premier yearling sale in Australia.
A son of Dolphin Street topped the National Stud Farm premier sale in Malaysia Nov. 20, bringing 230,000 ringgits ($67,923 in U.S. funds). The Australia-based Magic Millions auction firm conducted the sale, which offered juveniles.
Business declined significantly at New Zealand Bloodstock's premier yearling sale, which ended in Karaka Jan. 27 after a two-day run.
Peter Vela, owner of the Karaka Sales Complex and an avid breeder, consigns top-priced horse.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Amoss Believes Lanerie Best Fit for Mo Tom
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- Nyquist's Groom Keeps Top Derby Horse Happy
- NYRA Looking at Synthetic Track for Aqueduct
- Nyquist Strong in First Churchill Gallop
- Brody's Cause? An Iowa Community College
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Danzing Candy, Trojan Nation Train in KY