A daughter of Fastnet Rock brought Aust$300,000 ($320,670 in U.S. funds) Feb. 27 to top the opening session of the William Inglis & Son Melbourne premier yearling sale in Australia.
A son of Dolphin Street topped the National Stud Farm premier sale in Malaysia Nov. 20, bringing 230,000 ringgits ($67,923 in U.S. funds). The Australia-based Magic Millions auction firm conducted the sale, which offered juveniles.
Business declined significantly at New Zealand Bloodstock's premier yearling sale, which ended in Karaka Jan. 27 after a two-day run.
Peter Vela, owner of the Karaka Sales Complex and an avid breeder, consigns top-priced horse.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Challenge a Lucrative Entry for Starters
- Can Calculator Figure in BC Juvenile?
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- Tapit Filly Tops Record F-T October Sale
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- Queen's Plate Winner Lexie Lou in Autumn Miss
- Top 3-Year-Olds Abound in BC Classic