A daughter of Fastnet Rock brought Aust$300,000 ($320,670 in U.S. funds) Feb. 27 to top the opening session of the William Inglis & Son Melbourne premier yearling sale in Australia.
A son of Dolphin Street topped the National Stud Farm premier sale in Malaysia Nov. 20, bringing 230,000 ringgits ($67,923 in U.S. funds). The Australia-based Magic Millions auction firm conducted the sale, which offered juveniles.
Business declined significantly at New Zealand Bloodstock's premier yearling sale, which ended in Karaka Jan. 27 after a two-day run.
Peter Vela, owner of the Karaka Sales Complex and an avid breeder, consigns top-priced horse.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- Jack Hobbs, Vivlos Score on the Turf at Meydan