Fasig-Tipton officials are optimistic about the prospects for the company's New York-bred preferred yearling auction, which is scheduled for Aug. 13 and 14 in upstate New York.
A little less uncertainty might make New York-bred yearlings more popular during the Fasig-Tipton preferred auction.
Fasig-Tipton has cataloged 235 horses for its New York-bred preferred yearling sale, which will be held the evenings of Aug. 15 and 16 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y. The number is up 3.5% from last year's total of 227.
A Repent colt was the fastest worker at an eighth of a mile May 15 during the second session of the under tack show for the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic preferred sale of 2-year-olds in training at Timonium in Maryland.
The second and final session of the Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society's Woodbine yearling sale -- preferred offerings -- took place Sept. 8, with similar results to the select session: a decrease in average but a steady middle market.
Barretts and the California Thoroughbred Breeders Association (CTBA) are discussing a joint venture to conduct an annual yearling sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Powers to Easy Stephen Foster Win
- Paco Lopez Sent to Hospital After Paddock Accident
- McCraken Back to His Old Self in Matt Winn
- Heavy Rain Forces Belmont Park Cancellation
- Forever Unbridled Makes Triumphant Return
- Sircat Sally Remains Undefeated With Honeymoon Win
- Kasaqui Ends Six-Race Skid With Decisive Wise Dan Score
- Faypien Edges Mopotism in Summertime Oaks
- Monmouth Park Bans Shipping to Suffolk Downs
- Unique Bella Nears Return to Training