Jockey Teri Hunter will be sidelined several months with a broken collarbone, three broken ribs, and a punctured lung following a Dec. 13 spill at Calder Race Course.
Jill Robin L, beaten in each of her last two tries by In the Gold, turned the tables in Saturday's $150,000 Bonnie Miss (gr. II) with new rider Jerry Bailey at Gulfstream Park.
Frontrunner Zakocity saved ground all the way during his trip around the 1 1/8-mile Aqueduct main track and won the 60th running of the $110,100 Discovery Handicap (gr. III) for 3-year-olds on opening day Wednesday.
Cin Cin, a recent maiden special weight winner, stepped up with a convincing five-length win in the $125,000 Affirmed Division of the Florida Stallion Stakes at Calder on Monday.
Millionaire Precocity has been bought by Tom and Jay Taylor and Truman Smith from the estate of John Franks for stallion duty at Mesa Vista Stud near Raton, N.M.
A Derby Wish colt and a Precocity filly shared the honors for top-priced horse, bringing $27,000 apiece Tuesday during the Fair Grounds Sales Company's select sale of 2-year-olds in training in Louisiana.
Millionaire Precocity's first winner came May 25
Most Popular Stories
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- Proctor's Ledge Makes Splash in Lake George
- Saratoga Opening Day Sees Handle Increase
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Tiz a Slam Heads Prince of Wales Stakes
- Sircat Sally Faces Stiff Test in San Clemente