Bobby Frankel, closing in on Charlie Whittingham's career record for victories at Santa Anita, has two horses entered in the $150,000 El Encino (gr. II) for fillies and mares at 1 1/16 miles on the main track, Juddmonte Farms' Cantabria and Sugar Shake, owned and bred by Frank Stronach.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Gets Churchill Score in Clark
- Kaigun Storms From Last to Seabiscuit Win
- Take Charge Brandi, Mr. Z to Los Alamitos
- The Turf Debut of California Chrome
- Classic Point Ekes Out Go for Wand Victory
- Judge Rules Veitch Improperly Dismissed
- Sea The Stars Colt Leads Tattersalls Session
- Cigar Mile As 'Stallion Maker'
- Preparing for Breeding Season
- Stryker Phd Faces Everton in Berkeley 'Cap