Pedigree and conformation experts espoused various breeding theories and stated what is wrong with modern bloodstock practices during a panel discussion at the Thoroughbred International Exposition Conference on prioritizing between pedigree, conformation and performance.
Apprentice jockey Kris Prather suffered a fractured pelvis at Churchill Downs Saturday when he mount apparently wheeled and kicked her while she was removing her saddle following the fifth race.
Wednesday night's eighth race at Turfway Park has been designated for women jockeys only, with the meet's leading rider, Kris Prather, heading up a list of nine females named on 3-year-old maiden fillies set to go 1 1/16 miles. For that race and other races won by a female jockey on the Valentine's Day program, Turfway is donating $500 to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.
Apprentice jockey Kris Prather won the riding title for Turfway Park's Holiday Meet. The 21-year-old rider is only the second woman in the track's 41-year history to win a leading rider title.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Facing Retirement With Poor BC Effort
- Midnight Lucky Out of F&M Sprint, Retired
- Ward Sends Talented Duo to Juvenile Turf
- WinStar Buys Half Interest in Daredevil
- Dayatthespa Silenced All Doubters
- Fair Grounds Ordered to Restore Purse Funds
- The Big Apple's Big Vote
- NJ Sports Betting Put on Hold by Court Order
- Ruler of The World to Coolmore Stud for 2015
- Lab: Delays Followed Suspicious Samples Spike