Pedigree and conformation experts espoused various breeding theories and stated what is wrong with modern bloodstock practices during a panel discussion at the Thoroughbred International Exposition Conference on prioritizing between pedigree, conformation and performance.
Apprentice jockey Kris Prather suffered a fractured pelvis at Churchill Downs Saturday when he mount apparently wheeled and kicked her while she was removing her saddle following the fifth race.
Wednesday night's eighth race at Turfway Park has been designated for women jockeys only, with the meet's leading rider, Kris Prather, heading up a list of nine females named on 3-year-old maiden fillies set to go 1 1/16 miles. For that race and other races won by a female jockey on the Valentine's Day program, Turfway is donating $500 to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.
Apprentice jockey Kris Prather won the riding title for Turfway Park's Holiday Meet. The 21-year-old rider is only the second woman in the track's 41-year history to win a leading rider title.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Draws Post 5 for Belmont
- American Pharoah Gets First Look at Belmont
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Lenny's Place: Belmont Stakes Episode
- Mitchell to Retire from Juddmonte Farms
- Legatissimo Favored in 11-Horse Investec Oaks
- Cuomo Supports NYRA's Bonomo Taking Leave
- Belmont Stakes Race Dynamics: Distance
- Racing Leaders: Triple Crown Would Lift Sport
- Zayat Stables Inks Promo Deal for 'Pharoah'