Wolf Pack Jack has been named the 2013 Iowa-bred Horse of the Year after winning four of six starts and earning $154,770 as a 3-year-old.
Prairie Meadows Racetrack and Casino has changed the entry schedule for its 2012 Thoroughbred meet, which begins Friday, April 20.
Prairie Meadows Racetrack and Casino and the Iowa Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association have selected TVG as the provider for an advance deposit wagering system.
Prairie Meadows Racetrack and Casino and the Iowa Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association have announced they are collaborating on the development of the state's first legal online wagering platform.
The Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association will conduct a new owner seminar April 18 at Prairie Meadows Racetrack and Casino in Altoona, Iowa.
The Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission Nov. 8 approved a plan by Prairie Meadows Racetrack and Casino for a 2008 racing season over the objections of Thoroughbred interests that wanted a longer spring meet.
Prairie Meadows Racetrack and Casino won't be compelled to install a synthetic racing surface, at least not in the immediate future. But the Iowa track's dirt surface could be the topic of future discussion.
Ann Long-Richards is the new vice president of finance at Prairie Meadows Racetrack and Casino in Altoona, Iowa.
Most Popular Stories
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- Keeneland September Sale Sees More Gains
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- California Chrome Arrives at Parx Racing
- Suffolk Downs Loses Casino Bid on 3-1 Vote
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- Is California Chrome Vulnerable in PA Derby?
- 'Gold Hopes to Keep Churchill Record Intact