William Slevin's 4-year-old colt Lord of the Game pounded home to win Saturday's $300,000 Prairie Meadows Cornhusker Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) by a head over three tightly-bunched finishers,.
Roses that bloomed a little later than in May left trainer Dale Romans handing out bouquets of praise following Saturday's $300,000 Prairie Meadows Cornhusker Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) in Iowa.
Stronach Stable's homebred Euchre rallied from just off the pace to win the $401,625 Prairie Meadows Cornhusker Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) by 1 3/4 lengths on Saturday at Prairie Meadows.
Sir Bear will face six competitors Saturday when he tries for back-to-back victories in the $400,000 Prairie Meadows Cornhusker Breeders' Cup Handicap.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Remembering City Zip and His Epic Hopeful
- Can'thelpbelieving, Dragon Bay Duel in Nijinsky Stakes
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale