William Slevin's 4-year-old colt Lord of the Game pounded home to win Saturday's $300,000 Prairie Meadows Cornhusker Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) by a head over three tightly-bunched finishers,.
Roses that bloomed a little later than in May left trainer Dale Romans handing out bouquets of praise following Saturday's $300,000 Prairie Meadows Cornhusker Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) in Iowa.
Stronach Stable's homebred Euchre rallied from just off the pace to win the $401,625 Prairie Meadows Cornhusker Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) by 1 3/4 lengths on Saturday at Prairie Meadows.
Sir Bear will face six competitors Saturday when he tries for back-to-back victories in the $400,000 Prairie Meadows Cornhusker Breeders' Cup Handicap.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid