William Slevin's 4-year-old colt Lord of the Game pounded home to win Saturday's $300,000 Prairie Meadows Cornhusker Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) by a head over three tightly-bunched finishers,.
Roses that bloomed a little later than in May left trainer Dale Romans handing out bouquets of praise following Saturday's $300,000 Prairie Meadows Cornhusker Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) in Iowa.
Stronach Stable's homebred Euchre rallied from just off the pace to win the $401,625 Prairie Meadows Cornhusker Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) by 1 3/4 lengths on Saturday at Prairie Meadows.
Sir Bear will face six competitors Saturday when he tries for back-to-back victories in the $400,000 Prairie Meadows Cornhusker Breeders' Cup Handicap.
Most Popular Stories
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Colic: To Refer or Not to Refer
- Hillstar Shoots to Canadian International Win
- Just The Judge Earns E. P. Taylor Verdict
- Untapable Tops Worktab Sunday at Santa Anita
- Head May Continue Mile Success with Anodin
- Maturing White Rose Blossoms in Dowager
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Caspar Netscher Up in Time for Nearctic Win
- Undrafted Drills 5 Furlongs for Turf Sprint