French-bred Si Sage provided a shock at a drizzly Santa Anita Park April 25, winning the Last Tycoon Stakes (gr. IIIT) by 3 1/4 lengths at 42-1 odds.
A group of world travelers will enter the gate for the $100,000 Last Tycoon Stakes (gr. IIIT) April 25, including last year's winner of the 1 1/4-mile turf test at Santa Anita Park, Chilean-bred Quick Casablanca.
A year and a half after his last stakes race, Ashleyluvssugar broke through for his first graded stakes win in the $200,000 San Luis Rey Stakes (gr. IIT) March 21 at Santa Anita Park.
Finnegans Wake, the 6-year-old son of Powerscourt, will look to extend his grade II turf winning streak to four in the $200,000 San Luis Rey Stakes (gr. IIT) going 1 1/2 miles March 21 at Santa Anita Park.
Finnegans Wake extended his winning streak in graded turf races to three with a late-running victory in the San Marcos Stakes (gr. IIT) Feb. 7 at Santa Anita Park.
Finnegans Wake and Patrioticandproud are set to renew their rivalry once again in the $200,000 San Marcos Stakes (gr. IIT) Feb. 7 on the grass at Santa Anita Park.
Favored Vagabond Shoes uncoiled a torrid outside rally and powered clear to win the $200,000 San Marcos Stakes (gr. IIT) Feb. 8 on the turf course at Santa Anita Park.
Fourteen horses have been entered for the San Marcos Stakes (gr. IIT) on the Santa Anita Park turf Feb. 8, led by recent San Gabriel Stakes (gr. IIT) winner Jeranimo.
A year after Tom Proctor shipped Banned west to win the Del Mar Derby (gr. IIT) for Glen Hill Farms, the trainer is back for the turf event Sept. 3 with La Jolla Stakes (gr. IIT) winner Old Time Hockey.
Most Popular Stories
- Bill Puts USADA in Charge of Drug Testing
- Blood-Horse Unveils Multimedia Tablet Edition
- American Pharoah Schools, Back to Galloping
- Materiality, Frosted Drill Toward Belmont
- Wonder Again Next Step for Unbeaten Lady Eli
- Zenyatta in Foal to War Front Again
- National HBPA Questions Federal Drug Bill
- Virginia Defining Horsemen's Group Criteria
- Breeders' Cup Fantasy Game Returns for 2015
- Company Tied to NYRA Chair Named in Case