Friel's For Real shoots for the second graded stakes win of her career in Friday's $100,000-added Next Move Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at nine furlongs on Aqueduct's main track.
Silmaril lived up to the expectations of her trainer and the public at Pimlico when she drove to a popular victory in Saturday's $100,000 Geisha Handicap for Maryland-bred fillies and mares.
He Loves Me loves Pimlico. She proved it again on the opening day of the summer meet Saturday with a methodical score in the $100,000 Twixt Stakes for 3-year-old registered Maryland-bred fillies.
He Loves Me, the overwhelming favorite, ran to form and won Monday's $75,000 Pearl Necklace Stakes for 3-year-old Maryland-bred fillies. The race, which was originally carded for the turf, was run on the main track.
The $100,000 Maryland Juvenile Filly Championship Wednesday at Laurel Park figured to be a one horse affair, but when that one horse faltered, the door opened for Pour It On, who rallied along the rail to post a 36-1 upset score.
Most Popular Stories
- Indicators Drop at Ocala August Yearling Sale
- Speedy Moreno Dangerous Again in Woodward
- Santa Anita's Main Track to Reopen Sept. 2
- Sunset Glow Has Experience Edge in Debutante
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Gains Posted as Doncaster Premier Sale Ends
- Miss Behaviour Cuts Back for Prioress Run
- Kentucky Considers Allowing Salix-Free Races
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Clearly Now Faces Class Field in Forego