Vale of York and Lookin At Lucky, the one-two finishers in the Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I), share the high weight assignment of 126 pounds on the 2009 Experimental Free Handicap.
Sea The Stars, whose six group I wins this year include the Stanjames.com Two Thousand Guineas, the Investec Epsom Derby, and the Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe, is favored to win two prizes when the 2009 Cartier Racing Awards are announced Nov. 17.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
Alan Porter recaps the 2009 Breeders' Cup with pedigree observations about the sire lines, dominant female families, and inbreeding of the 14 winners.
Relive the 2009 Breeders' Cup with our collection of photo galleries.
Pounced, a Kentucky-bred son of Rahy, won the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. IIT) in a driving finish over Bridgetown.
With his versatility and powerful turn of foot, Interactif, a homebred son of Broken Vow trained by Todd Pletcher, certainly looms large in the one-mile contest. But anything can happen amongst inexperienced 2-year-olds and there are several starters that look intriguing -- some of them that could be big prices on the tote board.
As expected, Wertheimer and Frere's homebred Interactif was made the favorite for the $1 million Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. IIT). The son of Broken Vow, 4-1 on the morning-line, will face 11 rivals in the one-mile race Nov. 7 at Santa Anita.
Wertheimer and Frere's impressive homebred Interactif will be the likely favorite for the $1-million Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. IIT) Nov. 7 at Santa Anita, but the son of Broken Vow will have to defeat what is expected to be a full field in the one-mile event.
Most Popular Stories
- Malibu Moon Colt Brings $1.3 Million at OBS
- What's Going On Here: Dude the Redeemer
- Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region: A New Heritage
- Retro Rebel: Smarty Jones Wowed in 2004
- Louisiana Bills to Reduce Dates, Slots Money
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Gulfstream Uses Graded Stakes Testing Fund
- Jezki Wins Cheltenham's Champion Hurdle
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 3/11/2014
- Dixiana to Sponsor Two Keeneland Stakes