Ex-claimer Chocolate Ride will be seeking to defend his title in the $300,000 Muniz Memorial Handicap (gr. IIT) March 26 at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots as the son of Candy Ride has been assigned top weight of 124 pounds.
Ramsey 6-year-old homebred will face six opponents and carry topweight of 121 pounds in the 1 1/8-mile grass test
A field of only six was drawn for the Mervin H. Muniz Jr. Handicap (gr. IIT) at Fair Grounds March 29, with one of the notables, Amira's Prince, also entered in the Pan American (gr. IIT) at Gulfstream Park the same day.
Potomac River unleashed a torrid outside rally down the Fair Grounds stretch and struck for a thrilling nose decision over Skyring in the $150,000 Fair Grounds Handicap (gr. IIIT) on turf Feb. 22.
Multiple grade III winner Daddy Nose Best will try for a third straight stakes win on the Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots turf and sixth victory in seven starts in the Fair Grounds Handicap (gr. IIIT) Feb. 22.
Daddy Nose Best, a smashing stakes winner in his first start over the turf at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots, returns to the New Orleans track as the top weight in the $125,000 Colonel E. R. Bradley Handicap (gr. IIIT).
A patient ride from jockey Juan Vargas and a grinding late run brought Potomac River to the winner's circle at the end of the 1 1/8-mile turf event Nov. 23 at Churchill Downs, trainer Sergio Baez's first graded stakes score.
Trainer Chris Block has a solid success rate at Kentucky Downs, where his family's Team Block has run eight horses to three wins, three seconds, and a third in stakes competition over the years.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begins Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement