Keeneland announced that beginning Wednesday, Oct. 13, post time for the first race will be 1:15 p.m. (ET) for the remainder of the fall meeting. Post time has previously been 1:05 p.m.
Post Time Technologies will not offer Pimlico and Laurel Park replays to its offerings for subscribers.
Arlington Park, outside Chicago, has changed its post time to 1:30 p.m., except for Fridays.
The Kentucky Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association claims it wasn't notified by Turfway Park management of a plan to change first post to 4:10 p.m. on weekdays, but management said that's not the case. Track officials believe the switch will help boost handle, while horsemen say due diligence is necessary before any change is made.
Since the official Kentucky Derby (gr. I) chart began listing an "off" time in 1963, the race has never started past 5:42.30, the estimated post time of the 1971 running won by Canonero II. That will change this year.
A change in post times to 5:00 p.m. (ET) for Friday through Monday has had a negative effect on River Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- Effinex Outlasts Tonalist at Wire in Suburban
- Force the Pass Brilliant in Belmont Derby
- Private Zone All the Way in Belmont Sprint
- Coffee Clique Proves Best in James Penny
- Silvano Offspring Dominate in Durban July
- Speightster Still Undefeated With Dwyer Win
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Irish Jasper Draws Away in Victory Ride
- Trainer Desormeaux in New York State of Mind