Keeneland announced that beginning Wednesday, Oct. 13, post time for the first race will be 1:15 p.m. (ET) for the remainder of the fall meeting. Post time has previously been 1:05 p.m.
Post Time Technologies will not offer Pimlico and Laurel Park replays to its offerings for subscribers.
Arlington Park, outside Chicago, has changed its post time to 1:30 p.m., except for Fridays.
The Kentucky Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association claims it wasn't notified by Turfway Park management of a plan to change first post to 4:10 p.m. on weekdays, but management said that's not the case. Track officials believe the switch will help boost handle, while horsemen say due diligence is necessary before any change is made.
Since the official Kentucky Derby (gr. I) chart began listing an "off" time in 1963, the race has never started past 5:42.30, the estimated post time of the 1971 running won by Canonero II. That will change this year.
A change in post times to 5:00 p.m. (ET) for Friday through Monday has had a negative effect on River Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Blingismything Rallies to Capture Wilshire
- Jacobson, Cruz Take Aqueduct Spring Titles
- Dortmund, Other CA Shippers Arrive at CD
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze
- Possessed, Take Issue Win NY Stallion Stakes
- The Pharoah Show Gets Rave Reviews
- Three to Represent New York in Derby
- Social Inclusion Second in 2015 Debut
- Ready's Image Filly Tops Breezes for LA Sale
- Three Derby Hopefuls Have Derby-Winning Sires