Keeneland announced that beginning Wednesday, Oct. 13, post time for the first race will be 1:15 p.m. (ET) for the remainder of the fall meeting. Post time has previously been 1:05 p.m.
Post Time Technologies will not offer Pimlico and Laurel Park replays to its offerings for subscribers.
Arlington Park, outside Chicago, has changed its post time to 1:30 p.m., except for Fridays.
The Kentucky Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association claims it wasn't notified by Turfway Park management of a plan to change first post to 4:10 p.m. on weekdays, but management said that's not the case. Track officials believe the switch will help boost handle, while horsemen say due diligence is necessary before any change is made.
Since the official Kentucky Derby (gr. I) chart began listing an "off" time in 1963, the race has never started past 5:42.30, the estimated post time of the 1971 running won by Canonero II. That will change this year.
A change in post times to 5:00 p.m. (ET) for Friday through Monday has had a negative effect on River Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Another Try for Metaboss in John Henry Turf
- Two Unbeaten Favorites in Florida Sire Series
- Impressive Maiden Winners Try Pilgrim Stakes