Keeneland announced that beginning Wednesday, Oct. 13, post time for the first race will be 1:15 p.m. (ET) for the remainder of the fall meeting. Post time has previously been 1:05 p.m.
Post Time Technologies will not offer Pimlico and Laurel Park replays to its offerings for subscribers.
Arlington Park, outside Chicago, has changed its post time to 1:30 p.m., except for Fridays.
The Kentucky Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association claims it wasn't notified by Turfway Park management of a plan to change first post to 4:10 p.m. on weekdays, but management said that's not the case. Track officials believe the switch will help boost handle, while horsemen say due diligence is necessary before any change is made.
Since the official Kentucky Derby (gr. I) chart began listing an "off" time in 1963, the race has never started past 5:42.30, the estimated post time of the 1971 running won by Canonero II. That will change this year.
A change in post times to 5:00 p.m. (ET) for Friday through Monday has had a negative effect on River Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- Jack Hobbs, Vivlos Score on the Turf at Meydan