Experience an interactive turn-by-turn slideshow of the 2013 Kentucky Derby. View Experience
Trainer Shug McGaughey talks about 7-2 Kentucky Derby (gr.I) favorite Orb's post-position draw, and also about the colt's behavior when a horse flipped on May 1 as he was schooling in the paddock at Churchill Downs. Watch Video
Lenny reflects on the Kentucky Derby Draw, including Bob Baffert's luck, Dullahan's guaranteed win and Hansen. watch video
Team Valor International's State of Play, winner of the With Anticipation (gr. IIT) last September at Saratoga, heads the $100,000 Transylvania Stakes (gr. IIIT) on opening day at Keeneland April 6.
A visual look at the fillies in the 2011 Kentucky Oaks. View Slideshow
Big Brown won the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) from the outside post position. If he is to become racing's 12th Triple Crown winner, he will have to win the June 7 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) from the inside post position.
By Morton Cathro - When owner Jerry Moss attached his green-and-pink colors to slot 10 during the post-position draw for the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), he unwittingly was saddling Giacomo for a wild ride through storied Derby history.
There was plenty of intrigue and a few 'oohs' and 'aahs' during the post position draw for the eight-race Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships at Santa Anita Wednesday morning as the fields were set, the morning lines made, and head-to-head wagers announced.
In a switch to the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) post position selection process, the "blind" draw used to establish the order of selection for post positions will now be conducted upon the close of entries in the Churchill Downs racing office.
Most Popular Stories
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- 2015 Preakness Stakes Logo Unveiled
- Delaware Park Cancels July 28 Racing Program
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Milestone Victory for Jockey Centeno
- Big Macher Collects Grade I Bing Crosby Win
- Tonalist, Kid Cruz Exit Jim Dandy Well
- Del Mar Shifting Turf Races After Breakdowns
- Antipathy Convincing Winner in Muddy Shuvee
- Wicked Strong Gets Redemption in Jim Dandy