The legacy of the late Edward P. Evans was carried on in a big way when the 2010 Virginia-bred champions were announced by the Virginia Thoroughbred Association.
A long wait between races is in store for recent impressive 2-year-old winners.
Four of the current top 10 freshman sires of 2010 already have juvenile stakes winners. Alan Porter takes an early look at what's working with pedigree crosses for this year's 'young guns.'
Favored Position Limit improved to two-for-two in her brief career when she overpowered nine rivals in the $150,000 Adirondack Stakes (gr. II) for a five-length victory Aug. 15 at Saratoga.
Heiligbrodt Racing Stable's homebred Tristanme, graded stakes-placed in her last start, leads a field of 10 in the $150,000 Adirondack Stakes (gr. II) for 2-year-old fillies at Saratoga on Aug. 14.
Position Limit helped continue George Steinbrenner's legacy a day after Steinbrenner's death when breaking her maiden impressively at Belmont Park July 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Museum to Become Home for Lukas Collection
- Wilkes Continues to Do Nafzger Proud
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Grade 2 Winner Iliad Retired
- Thunder Snow Enters Quarantine at Churchill Downs
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Horseman Mike Johnson Knows a Good One in McCraken
- Practical Joke Rewards Breeders' Faith in His Dam
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby