The legacy of the late Edward P. Evans was carried on in a big way when the 2010 Virginia-bred champions were announced by the Virginia Thoroughbred Association.
A long wait between races is in store for recent impressive 2-year-old winners.
Four of the current top 10 freshman sires of 2010 already have juvenile stakes winners. Alan Porter takes an early look at what's working with pedigree crosses for this year's 'young guns.'
Favored Position Limit improved to two-for-two in her brief career when she overpowered nine rivals in the $150,000 Adirondack Stakes (gr. II) for a five-length victory Aug. 15 at Saratoga.
Heiligbrodt Racing Stable's homebred Tristanme, graded stakes-placed in her last start, leads a field of 10 in the $150,000 Adirondack Stakes (gr. II) for 2-year-old fillies at Saratoga on Aug. 14.
Position Limit helped continue George Steinbrenner's legacy a day after Steinbrenner's death when breaking her maiden impressively at Belmont Park July 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert: Dortmund is 'Figuring it Out'
- McCarron Named New Trainer at Merryland Farm
- Unlocking Winners: The Return of Daredevil
- Churchill Weighs In on Its Racing Operations
- Horton Considers Rebel for Take Charge Brandi
- North Dakota May Owe Bankrupt ADW Millions
- Bill Would Allow Dealers at Indiana Racinos
- First Foal for Nephrite is Filly
- Local Time Continues Meydan Dominance
- Greyhound 'Cessation' Bill Sends a Warning