The New York Racing Association is projecting a surplus next year, its first since 2000, despite an estimated drop in handle at its three racetracks brought on by the economic downturn. But regulators Dec. 22 were unconvinced about some of the optimistic forecasts, and deferred approving NYRA's 2009 budget.
The New York Racing Association announced Sept. 1 that Irene M. Posio has been promoted to vice president/treasurer and controller, effective immediately.
Irene M. Posio has been appointed controller for the New York Racing Association Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist
- Favored Act of War Captures Cape Guineas
- CHRB Eyes Scratching of Unreported Geldings
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Emerald Downs Purses to Rise 20% in 2015
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch