The New York Racing Association is projecting a surplus next year, its first since 2000, despite an estimated drop in handle at its three racetracks brought on by the economic downturn. But regulators Dec. 22 were unconvinced about some of the optimistic forecasts, and deferred approving NYRA's 2009 budget.
The New York Racing Association announced Sept. 1 that Irene M. Posio has been promoted to vice president/treasurer and controller, effective immediately.
Irene M. Posio has been appointed controller for the New York Racing Association Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- The Week in Photos for 7/29/2014
- RCI to Consider Horses-in-Training Rules
- WGOH: Patience Is Shah's Virtue
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Grade II Winners to Battle in WV Derby
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern