Ian Tapp reviews the days results and catches up with Pope McLean Jr., director, business manager for Crestwood Farm and Bayne Welker, Fasig-Tipton vice president of sales. watch video
The Kentucky Thoroughbred Association and Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders have elected officers and members of the board of directors.
Keeneland has elected five individuals from the Lexington community and horse industry to its Advisory Board of Directors.
Participants in the Keeneland September yearling sale talk about falling prices for horses and the effects of America's growing financial crisis.
After its ninth day, which produced a session-topper of $400,000, the marathon Keeneland September yearling sale business-wise remained down. But given recent developments on Wall Street, overall economic stagnation, and the aftermath of hurricanes, things could be much worse, consignors said.
Plans to develop 59 acres of a Central Kentucky horse farm have triggered a debate, but the issue may come down to property rights.
Most Popular Stories
- East Vs. West in Second Derby Future Wager
- Turfway Park Cancels Feb. 13 Races
- Nyquist Begins 2016 Campaign in San Vicente
- Calculator to Make Return at Santa Anita
- Discreetness, Collected Face Off in Southwest
- Green Gratto Among Nine in General George
- Saratoga Mischief to Return in Capossela
- TOBA Pedigree, Conformation Clinic Scheduled
- Los Alamitos Announces Spring Stakes Schedule
- Mohaymen Returns to Work Tab at Palm Meadows