Chadds Fords Stable's Union Rags was installed as the 3-1 favorite in the third and final betting pool of Churchill Downs' Kentucky Derby Future Wager that kicks off its three-day run March 30.
Amerman Racing's Balance, the favorite for Saturday's $500,000 Ashland Stakes (gr. I) at Keeneland following grade I victories in the Las Virgenes and Santa Anita Oaks at Santa Anita, looms as a solid favorite when the final pool of Churchill Downs' Kentucky Oaks Future Wager (KOFW) launches its four-day run April 6.
The third and final pool of Churchill Downs' 2002 Kentucky Derby Future Wager begins its four-day run on April 4 with a pair of horses trained by Churchill Downs-based Ken McPeek -- Florida Derby (gr. I) winner Harlan's Holiday and Louisiana Derby (gr. II) winner Repent -- listed as its top two betting choices.
Reflecting the lack of a strong favorite for this year's Kentucky Derby, bettors have made the mutuel field a prohibitive favorite in the first day of wagering in Pool One of the Kentucky Derby Future Wager.
Most Popular Stories
- Stem Cells to Treat Chronic Laminitis: The Sooner the Better
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Southwest Regional: Double Barrel
- Southeast Regional: Investing in Success
- Reinventing Racing - By Eric Mitchell
- One Last Hope to Salvage Illinois 2014 Season
- G3 Winner Keep Up Retired to Mill Ridge
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 12/17/2013
- After the Wire: Shared Belief, Midnight Hawk
- Lasix-Free BC Juveniles Show Few EIPH Cases