Chadds Fords Stable's Union Rags was installed as the 3-1 favorite in the third and final betting pool of Churchill Downs' Kentucky Derby Future Wager that kicks off its three-day run March 30.
Amerman Racing's Balance, the favorite for Saturday's $500,000 Ashland Stakes (gr. I) at Keeneland following grade I victories in the Las Virgenes and Santa Anita Oaks at Santa Anita, looms as a solid favorite when the final pool of Churchill Downs' Kentucky Oaks Future Wager (KOFW) launches its four-day run April 6.
The third and final pool of Churchill Downs' 2002 Kentucky Derby Future Wager begins its four-day run on April 4 with a pair of horses trained by Churchill Downs-based Ken McPeek -- Florida Derby (gr. I) winner Harlan's Holiday and Louisiana Derby (gr. II) winner Repent -- listed as its top two betting choices.
Reflecting the lack of a strong favorite for this year's Kentucky Derby, bettors have made the mutuel field a prohibitive favorite in the first day of wagering in Pool One of the Kentucky Derby Future Wager.
Most Popular Stories
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix
- Smooth Stride Could Lift American Pharoah
- Barretts' First Del Mar Sale Sees Increase
- Secretariat's Birthplace Named 'Historic'
- American Pharoah Jogs One Mile at Churchill
- No Belmont Stakes for Conquest Curlinate
- Lopez Family Faces Off at Golden Gate
- Old Friends Cabin Creek Welcomes Be Bullish
- Miss Temple City on Schedule for Royal Ascot
- MarketWatch: McPeek on Yearling Selection