One of the common misconceptions is that it is too early to wager on the Kentucky Derby. read blog
Union Rags attracted strong support during first of three days of betting in the second pool of Churchill Downs' 2012 Kentucky Derby Future Wager, but the mutuel field ended the day as a narrow favorite March 2.
Pool 2 of Churchill Downs' 2011 Kentucky Derby Future Wager opens its three-day run at noon EST on Friday, March 11.
The mutuel field, or "all others", was the strong fans' choice over favored individual horses Lookin At Lucky and Eskendereya after the first day of the Kentucky Derby Future Wager Pool 2.
Reflecting the lack of a strong favorite for this year's Kentucky Derby, bettors have made the mutuel field a prohibitive favorite in the first day of wagering in Pool One of the Kentucky Derby Future Wager.
The second of three pools in Churchill Downs' 2001 Kentucky Derby Future Wager is scheduled to open Thursday, March 8. The mutuel field, which represents all 3-year-old Thoroughbreds other than the 23 individual horses listed in the pool, is expected to again attract strong support.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees