One of the common misconceptions is that it is too early to wager on the Kentucky Derby. read blog
Union Rags attracted strong support during first of three days of betting in the second pool of Churchill Downs' 2012 Kentucky Derby Future Wager, but the mutuel field ended the day as a narrow favorite March 2.
Pool 2 of Churchill Downs' 2011 Kentucky Derby Future Wager opens its three-day run at noon EST on Friday, March 11.
The mutuel field, or "all others", was the strong fans' choice over favored individual horses Lookin At Lucky and Eskendereya after the first day of the Kentucky Derby Future Wager Pool 2.
Reflecting the lack of a strong favorite for this year's Kentucky Derby, bettors have made the mutuel field a prohibitive favorite in the first day of wagering in Pool One of the Kentucky Derby Future Wager.
The second of three pools in Churchill Downs' 2001 Kentucky Derby Future Wager is scheduled to open Thursday, March 8. The mutuel field, which represents all 3-year-old Thoroughbreds other than the 23 individual horses listed in the pool, is expected to again attract strong support.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Heads Brown's Belmont Oaks Hand
- Divisidero, Bolo Meet in Deep Belmont Derby
- Kentuckian Tops Los Alamitos Derby Field
- Texas Red Provides Dwyer Stakes Star Power
- Classic Winner Tonalist Towers Over Suburban
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Grade I Winners Meet in Belmont Sprint
- Miss Ella, 'Silver' Back for Victory Ride
- Twining Dies in Japan at Age 24
- Trainer Walsh Says Mistake Led to Positive