The mutuel field was the 3-5 favorite when in Pool 1 of the Kentucky Derby Future Wager closed Nov. 29, and unbeaten Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) winner Nyquist was the 9-1 second choice.
The mutuel field wagering interest that includes all 3-year-old Thoroughbreds other than the 23 individual betting interests in Kentucky Derby Future Wager, was the odds-on choice at 3-5 after the first day of Pool 1.
Churchill Downs' 2006 Kentucky Oaks Future Wager enters its fourth year with no clear individual favorite for the track's prestigious grade I race for 3-year-old fillies, so the mutuel field has been installed as the solid 7-2 morning line choice as the wager opens its Jan. 26-29 run.
Reflecting the lack of a strong favorite for this year's Kentucky Derby, bettors have made the mutuel field a prohibitive favorite in the first day of wagering in Pool One of the Kentucky Derby Future Wager.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Kitten's Cat Poised for Spiral Stakes
- Mo Don't Know Named Ohio Horse of the Year
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Tamarando Retired, Will Stand at Harris Farms