The mutuel field was the 3-5 favorite when in Pool 1 of the Kentucky Derby Future Wager closed Nov. 29, and unbeaten Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) winner Nyquist was the 9-1 second choice.
The mutuel field wagering interest that includes all 3-year-old Thoroughbreds other than the 23 individual betting interests in Kentucky Derby Future Wager, was the odds-on choice at 3-5 after the first day of Pool 1.
Churchill Downs' 2006 Kentucky Oaks Future Wager enters its fourth year with no clear individual favorite for the track's prestigious grade I race for 3-year-old fillies, so the mutuel field has been installed as the solid 7-2 morning line choice as the wager opens its Jan. 26-29 run.
Reflecting the lack of a strong favorite for this year's Kentucky Derby, bettors have made the mutuel field a prohibitive favorite in the first day of wagering in Pool One of the Kentucky Derby Future Wager.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Connect in Good Shape After PA Derby Win
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Solid Keeneland Sale Ends With Declines
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- La Cressonniere to Miss Arc After Setback
- Miyadi Suspended by CHRB After Altercation
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis