Alpha Bettor and Hogy top an oversubscribed edition of the $250,000 Presque Isle Mile Sept. 8 at Presque Isle Downs, both sharing highweight assignments of 124 pounds.
George and Lori Hall's 5-year-old Pants On Fire took over in the $200,000 Monmouth Cup (gr. II) on July 28 at Monmouth Park after 3-5 favorite Take Charge Indy was pulled up with a condylar fracture to his left front.
After some deliberation, Take Charge Indy's connections will run the grade I-winning colt in the July 28 Monmouth Cup (gr. II), where he'll carry 123-pound highweight against the likes of Hymn Book, Pants on Fire, and more.
Fresh from his first win since taking the Resorts World New York Casino Wood Memorial (gr. I) in April 2011, Toby's Corner returns in the $150,000 Philip H. Iselin Stakes (gr. III) Aug. 18 at Monmouth Park.
Preston Stables' Flat Out will make his first start for Hall of Fame trainer Bill Mott in the $200,000 Monmouth Cup Stakes (gr. III) July 7, having been transferred from the barn of Scooter Dickey.
Ghislaine Head's Right One, who last raced over Keeneland's Polytrack, returns to grass racing when he takes on seven rivals in the June 8 Jaipur Stakes (gr. IIIT) at seven furlongs at Belmont Park.
Blue skies and balmy temperatures greeted a new era at Monmouth Park May 12 when the track opened its 67th season of Thoroughbred racing with increases in attendance and wagering over last year.
Alma d'Oro, a stakes winner in his last start, will make his first trip to Monmouth Park Aug. 20 for the $250,000 Philip H. Iselin Stakes (gr. III).
Birdrun, Ponzi Scheme, and A.U. Miner are among the horses entered in the Greenwood Cup, a 1 1/2-mile stakes to be run July 16 at Parx Racing.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks