The Thoroughbred Safety Committee announced June 17 that it is recommending the elimination of steroids in race training and racing, a ban on toe grabs, and a series of whip-related reforms, all aimed at improving safety and integrity in Thoroughbred racing.
The first reported foal sired by millionaire Badge of Silver is a filly born Jan. 26 at Carl Pollard's Hermitage Farm near Goshen, Ky.
Populi, dam of champion Vanlandingham, was euthanized Sept. 25 because of the infirmities of old age.
Temperence Hill, whose upset victory in the 1980 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) set the stage for a run toward a 3-year-old championship, died this summer at Sawang Jai Farm near Bangkok, Thailand.
The Jockey Club has elected Michael C. Byrne, J. Michael O’Farrell, Leverett Miller, John C. Oxley, John W. Phillips, Dr. Hiram C. Polk Jr., and Dr. J. David Richardson to its membership.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course