The Thoroughbred Safety Committee announced June 17 that it is recommending the elimination of steroids in race training and racing, a ban on toe grabs, and a series of whip-related reforms, all aimed at improving safety and integrity in Thoroughbred racing.
The first reported foal sired by millionaire Badge of Silver is a filly born Jan. 26 at Carl Pollard's Hermitage Farm near Goshen, Ky.
Populi, dam of champion Vanlandingham, was euthanized Sept. 25 because of the infirmities of old age.
Temperence Hill, whose upset victory in the 1980 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) set the stage for a run toward a 3-year-old championship, died this summer at Sawang Jai Farm near Bangkok, Thailand.
The Jockey Club has elected Michael C. Byrne, J. Michael O’Farrell, Leverett Miller, John C. Oxley, John W. Phillips, Dr. Hiram C. Polk Jr., and Dr. J. David Richardson to its membership.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Tickets Go On Sale March 4
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- Fair Grounds Preps a Tale of Two Sexes
- Wise Dan Back Under Tack March 4, 2015
- Lenny's Place: Spring Training Edition
- Rock Diva Dances to Auckland Cup Victory
- Five-Year Suspension, $25,000 Fine for Chapa
- Lopez Lets El Kabeir Be 'The Boss'
- Slideshow: On the Way In Uruguay
- HOF Trainer Jerkens in Intensive Care in FL