The Thoroughbred Safety Committee announced June 17 that it is recommending the elimination of steroids in race training and racing, a ban on toe grabs, and a series of whip-related reforms, all aimed at improving safety and integrity in Thoroughbred racing.
The first reported foal sired by millionaire Badge of Silver is a filly born Jan. 26 at Carl Pollard's Hermitage Farm near Goshen, Ky.
Populi, dam of champion Vanlandingham, was euthanized Sept. 25 because of the infirmities of old age.
Temperence Hill, whose upset victory in the 1980 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) set the stage for a run toward a 3-year-old championship, died this summer at Sawang Jai Farm near Bangkok, Thailand.
The Jockey Club has elected Michael C. Byrne, J. Michael O’Farrell, Leverett Miller, John C. Oxley, John W. Phillips, Dr. Hiram C. Polk Jr., and Dr. J. David Richardson to its membership.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Harzand to Aga Khan’s Gilltown Stud