Intangaroo was a little known 3-year-old filly with one lifetime win when she competed at Hollywood Park last winter. She returns to the Inglewood track for the A Gleam Invitational Handicap (gr. II) June 28 with two surprising grade I wins to her credit and trainer Gary Sherlock thinking about the Breeders' Cup Fillies & Mares Sprint (gr. I) at Santa Anita in October.
The 4-year-old eastern invader Ermine, the most accomplished runner in a field of eight older fillies and mares, is the probable favorite in the $150,000 Santa Maria Handicap (gr. I) at Santa Anita Saturday.
Pussycat Doll, off the racing trail since winning the Humana Distaff Handicap (gr. I) May 6, returns in an ambitious spot -- Sunday's $250,000 Santa Monica Handicap (gr. I) for older fillies and mares at Santa Anita -- where she faces nine tough rivals going seven furlongs.
A field of 10 sophomore fillies will contest the $400,000-added Indiana Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. III) Friday evening at Hoosier Park. Puglisi Stables and Steve Klesaris' Miraculous Miss has been selected as the 5-2 favorite for the 1 1/16 miles event.
A showdown matching the dual stakes winner Balance and dazzling maiden race winner Meetmeinthewoods will be the focal point of Sunday's $447,000 Hollywood Starlet (gr. I) at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Jose Ortiz Rides Five Winners at Aqueduct
- Gulfstream Set for Historic Championship Meet
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci
- Motion Hopes to Stay Hot in Matriarch