Intangaroo was a little known 3-year-old filly with one lifetime win when she competed at Hollywood Park last winter. She returns to the Inglewood track for the A Gleam Invitational Handicap (gr. II) June 28 with two surprising grade I wins to her credit and trainer Gary Sherlock thinking about the Breeders' Cup Fillies & Mares Sprint (gr. I) at Santa Anita in October.
The 4-year-old eastern invader Ermine, the most accomplished runner in a field of eight older fillies and mares, is the probable favorite in the $150,000 Santa Maria Handicap (gr. I) at Santa Anita Saturday.
Pussycat Doll, off the racing trail since winning the Humana Distaff Handicap (gr. I) May 6, returns in an ambitious spot -- Sunday's $250,000 Santa Monica Handicap (gr. I) for older fillies and mares at Santa Anita -- where she faces nine tough rivals going seven furlongs.
A field of 10 sophomore fillies will contest the $400,000-added Indiana Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. III) Friday evening at Hoosier Park. Puglisi Stables and Steve Klesaris' Miraculous Miss has been selected as the 5-2 favorite for the 1 1/16 miles event.
A showdown matching the dual stakes winner Balance and dazzling maiden race winner Meetmeinthewoods will be the focal point of Sunday's $447,000 Hollywood Starlet (gr. I) at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Honor Code to Bypass Rebel, Run at Gulfstream
- Judy the Beauty Leads Las Flores Shippers
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- Midshipman Colt Posts Fastest Ocala Drill
- Sweet Reason Comes Back a Winner
- Portion of Vinceremos' Earnings to Charity
- Stakes Winner S. S. Hot Sauce Dead at 33
- Riposte Heads Solid Hillsborough Field
- Big 'Cap was 'Holy Grail' for Trainer Jones