Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner California Chrome's first two dams were bred in Maryland by Dr. Thomas Bowman in partnership with Milton Higgins III. Both mares are products of Northview Stallion Station sires.
A California-bred eye-catcher with flashy white markings, but in his case, handsome is as handsome does.
The gross revenue fell 50.8%, but the average rose 27.9% Monday during the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic winter mixed sale in Maryland.
Favored Play Bingo had something to prove and he did it emphatically in Saturday's $100,000 Northern Dancer Stakes at Pimlico.
Great Lake Stable's Northern Babe splashed through the slop to win the $50,000 Tippett Stakes by 1 1/4 lengths at Colonial Downs Sunday.
A Storm of Angels -- Keremalli colt named Petey Foster and a Unbridled's Song -- Rockaroller filly shared the honors Thursday for the fastest quarter-mile work during the first session of the under tack show for the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale of 2-year-olds in training in Maryland.
Leading Maryland sire Polish Numbers, who stood his entire career at Northview Stallion Station near Chesapeake City, shattered his tibia in a paddock accident on Friday and had to be euthanized.
Northview Stallion Station in Maryland announced drops in the fees for Polish Numbers and Two Punch.
Most Popular Stories
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- Quidura Reigns for Motion in Valley View
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Mr. Nightlinger Moved to Mighty Acres
- Court Rules Borells Have No Claim on Horses