Hialeah Park has hired Steve Calabro, a former Gulfstream Park president, for its new position of director of gaming, and believes the courts will uphold its plans to open a casino with slots and a poker room.
The first shipment of slot machines arrived at Calder Casino & Race Course in Florida Nov. 9 in anticipation of a January 2010 opening of the track's gaming floor.
Florida's only harness track and several Thoroughbred industry executives are making plans for Quarter Horse racing, with potentially lucrative poker rooms serving as part of the attraction.
A new poker room and simulcast facility are open in the grandstand at Mountaineer Race Track & Gaming Resort, which earlier this year received state and county approval to add table games to its thousands of video lottery terminals.
Most Popular Stories
- Del Mar Sets Plan to Solve Turf Course Issue
- Some Top Trainers Support Phasing Out Salix
- WV Hires New Lab; Purse Money Still in Limbo
- Indiana Sire Lantana Mob Gets First Winner
- Champion She's a Tiger Retired
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Tumor Side Effect Leads to Filly's Group I DQ
- Bertha Wright of Calumet Dynasty Dies at 94
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Del Mar Once Again Shifting Races Off Turf