Hialeah Park has hired Steve Calabro, a former Gulfstream Park president, for its new position of director of gaming, and believes the courts will uphold its plans to open a casino with slots and a poker room.
The first shipment of slot machines arrived at Calder Casino & Race Course in Florida Nov. 9 in anticipation of a January 2010 opening of the track's gaming floor.
Florida's only harness track and several Thoroughbred industry executives are making plans for Quarter Horse racing, with potentially lucrative poker rooms serving as part of the attraction.
A new poker room and simulcast facility are open in the grandstand at Mountaineer Race Track & Gaming Resort, which earlier this year received state and county approval to add table games to its thousands of video lottery terminals.
Most Popular Stories
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- 'Chrome Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup Card
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- Fasig-Tipton Catalogs 175 for March 2YO Sale
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76
- Nerud-Owned and Bred Colt Wins at Big A
- New Equine Biotechnology Firm Launched
- First Foal Reported for Morning Line
- Jan. 28 Live Racing at Aqueduct Canceled