Hialeah Park has hired Steve Calabro, a former Gulfstream Park president, for its new position of director of gaming, and believes the courts will uphold its plans to open a casino with slots and a poker room.
The first shipment of slot machines arrived at Calder Casino & Race Course in Florida Nov. 9 in anticipation of a January 2010 opening of the track's gaming floor.
Florida's only harness track and several Thoroughbred industry executives are making plans for Quarter Horse racing, with potentially lucrative poker rooms serving as part of the attraction.
A new poker room and simulcast facility are open in the grandstand at Mountaineer Race Track & Gaming Resort, which earlier this year received state and county approval to add table games to its thousands of video lottery terminals.
Most Popular Stories
- Frac Daddy Inherits San Diego's Favorite Role
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Enhanced Security for Whitney, Travers Horses
- Keeneland Begins Installation of Dirt Surface
- New York Horsemen Commit Money to Jockey Fund
- Maybry's Boy to E.A. Ranches
- Buyers Reward Quick Breeze Times
- Revenue Down, Income Up for PNGI
- That Handicapping Show: Jim Dandy Stakes