Grasshopper Stable's Flamethrowintexan overpowered the field in Sunday's $98,750 Mt. Rainier Breeder's Cup Handicap, going gate to wire for a 2 1/4-length victory at Emerald Downs.
A full 12-horse field will break out of the gate on Sunday in the grade III, $250,000 Longacres Mile at Emerald Downs.
It appears Poker Brad is heading back to the Longacres Mile (gr. III) after his decisive two-length win in the $100,000 Mt. Rainier Breeders' Cup at Emerald Downs on Sunday.
Demon Warlock, a 13-1 shot ridden by Adalberto Lopez, beat favorite Poker Brad by a head to win the $75,000 Budweiser Emerald Handicap at Emerald Downs on Sunday.
Lethal Grande, last year's Oregon Horse of the Year, was in control all the way as he captured the $40,000 Maker's Mark Portland Meadows Mile Handicap, the track's top event.
The tough 7-year-old gelding Sky Jack showed his resiliency Sunday, setting a track record of 1:33 at Emerald Downs while winning the $250,000 Longacres Mile Handicap (gr. III). He went over the $1 million mark in career earnings.
Mayakovsky, a strapping dark bay or brown son of Matty G, raced to a front-running one-length victory in a one-mile turf race at Santa Anita Thursday. After the race, trainer Patrick Biancone proclaimed the Florida-bred 4-year-old on course for the $1 million Sunshine Millions Classic at 1 1/8 miles on the dirt at Gulfstream Park on Jan. 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Gallante Shocks Soggy Grand Prix de Paris
- A Conversation With Michael Straight
- Apprentice LaRicci Tallies With First Mount
- No Catching Unspurned in Bison City Stakes
- Wildcat Red Posts Bullet Breeze for Haskell
- Gulfstream Begins Apprentice Education Class
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- F-T July: 'Chrome' Asst. Trainer Alan Sherman
- Massachusetts Sire Dr. Rockett Gets First Win
- Jockey David Mello Registers 1,000th Win