Trainer Tim McCanna picked up the 2,000th victory of his career April 8 at Golden Gate Fields, when Whiskey Prince captured the third race.
Grasshopper Stable's Flamethrowintexan overpowered the field in Sunday's $98,750 Mt. Rainier Breeder's Cup Handicap, going gate to wire for a 2 1/4-length victory at Emerald Downs.
A full 12-horse field will break out of the gate on Sunday in the grade III, $250,000 Longacres Mile at Emerald Downs.
It appears Poker Brad is heading back to the Longacres Mile (gr. III) after his decisive two-length win in the $100,000 Mt. Rainier Breeders' Cup at Emerald Downs on Sunday.
Demon Warlock, a 13-1 shot ridden by Adalberto Lopez, beat favorite Poker Brad by a head to win the $75,000 Budweiser Emerald Handicap at Emerald Downs on Sunday.
Lethal Grande, last year's Oregon Horse of the Year, was in control all the way as he captured the $40,000 Maker's Mark Portland Meadows Mile Handicap, the track's top event.
The tough 7-year-old gelding Sky Jack showed his resiliency Sunday, setting a track record of 1:33 at Emerald Downs while winning the $250,000 Longacres Mile Handicap (gr. III). He went over the $1 million mark in career earnings.
Mayakovsky, a strapping dark bay or brown son of Matty G, raced to a front-running one-length victory in a one-mile turf race at Santa Anita Thursday. After the race, trainer Patrick Biancone proclaimed the Florida-bred 4-year-old on course for the $1 million Sunshine Millions Classic at 1 1/8 miles on the dirt at Gulfstream Park on Jan. 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist's BC Work Less Than Ideal
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Living The Life Retired, Won't Run in BC
- Beholder, Frosted Drill at Santa Anita
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Cool Arrow On Target for First Spendthrift
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Songbird Logs Final Breeze for Distaff
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- The Star of the BC Classic: Lucky Spell?