Is the points system for entry to the Kentucky Derby altering the pace of the race?
Just think if some healthy chatter on social media was going on this week about which post position the connections of International Star should choose with the first post position pick for this year's Kentucky Derby. read blog
A few days out from the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), it's interesting to ponder what might have been if the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) field was still based on earnings rather than points.
Churchill Downs remains bullish on its new points qualifying system for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) but acknowledges there could be "tweaks" for the next Triple Crown cycle.
The good news is Churchill recognizes changes will be made. read blog
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Derby, Oaks Notes, from Churchill Downs, April 25
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- What's Going On Here: Most Charming
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Orb Colt Grew Up, Brought $685,000 at OBS