Is the points system for entry to the Kentucky Derby altering the pace of the race?
Just think if some healthy chatter on social media was going on this week about which post position the connections of International Star should choose with the first post position pick for this year's Kentucky Derby. read blog
A few days out from the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), it's interesting to ponder what might have been if the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) field was still based on earnings rather than points.
Churchill Downs remains bullish on its new points qualifying system for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) but acknowledges there could be "tweaks" for the next Triple Crown cycle.
The good news is Churchill recognizes changes will be made. read blog
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Connect in Good Shape After PA Derby Win
- Solid Keeneland Sale Ends With Declines
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby
- Handle Decreased 26% at Monmouth Park in 2016
- Miyadi Suspended by CHRB After Altercation