Hotstufanthensome, a 7-year-old gelding owned by Runnin Horse Farm and saddled by Norman Pointer, won Saturday's $150,000 Tampa Bay Breeders' Cup Stakes on the turf.
Hotstufanthensome overcame a soft turf course, constant showers and an inquiry to win the $150,000 Cliff Hanger Stakes (gr. III) on Saturday night at the Meadowlands.
Trainer John T. Ward Jr. sent Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Monarchos on a five-furlong work from the starting gate at Gulfstream Park Saturday morning. "We wanted to tweak his interest," said Ward of the drill.
Rize, the starting lightweight at 112 pounds, drew off through the Monmouth Park stretch to a nine-length win in the $350,000 Philip H. Iselin Handicap (gr. II).
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Little Journey Favored in Boiling Springs
- Rockin Jojo First Winner for Street Magician
- Dissident, I Do Win in Australia, New Zealand
- Durkin Nears Finish Line of Brilliant Career
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely