Hotstufanthensome, a 7-year-old gelding owned by Runnin Horse Farm and saddled by Norman Pointer, won Saturday's $150,000 Tampa Bay Breeders' Cup Stakes on the turf.
Hotstufanthensome overcame a soft turf course, constant showers and an inquiry to win the $150,000 Cliff Hanger Stakes (gr. III) on Saturday night at the Meadowlands.
Trainer John T. Ward Jr. sent Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Monarchos on a five-furlong work from the starting gate at Gulfstream Park Saturday morning. "We wanted to tweak his interest," said Ward of the drill.
Rize, the starting lightweight at 112 pounds, drew off through the Monmouth Park stretch to a nine-length win in the $350,000 Philip H. Iselin Handicap (gr. II).
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail