Primarily, the 2000 Canadian Broodmare of the Year, died March 30 in a field from injuries sustained in a fall at Frank Stronach's Adena Springs near Versailles, Ky.
When Johar finished in a dead-heat with High Chaparral for first in the John Deere Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) on Oct. 25, it was one of the closest and most exciting races in the 20-year history of the Breeders' Cup and left racing fans buzzing for days. The excitement from that race extended into the sales ring during Tuesday's second session of the Keeneland November Breeding Stock in Lexington, Ky. as Windsharp, Johar's dam, brought a top bid of $6.1 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity