Primarily, the 2000 Canadian Broodmare of the Year, died March 30 in a field from injuries sustained in a fall at Frank Stronach's Adena Springs near Versailles, Ky.
When Johar finished in a dead-heat with High Chaparral for first in the John Deere Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) on Oct. 25, it was one of the closest and most exciting races in the 20-year history of the Breeders' Cup and left racing fans buzzing for days. The excitement from that race extended into the sales ring during Tuesday's second session of the Keeneland November Breeding Stock in Lexington, Ky. as Windsharp, Johar's dam, brought a top bid of $6.1 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Under Agreement, Trainer Umarov Suspended Five Years
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- Classic Empire, McCraken Individual Favorites in Pool 3
- Guest Suite Fires Bullet in Preparation for Risen Star
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack