Primarily, the 2000 Canadian Broodmare of the Year, died March 30 in a field from injuries sustained in a fall at Frank Stronach's Adena Springs near Versailles, Ky.
When Johar finished in a dead-heat with High Chaparral for first in the John Deere Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) on Oct. 25, it was one of the closest and most exciting races in the 20-year history of the Breeders' Cup and left racing fans buzzing for days. The excitement from that race extended into the sales ring during Tuesday's second session of the Keeneland November Breeding Stock in Lexington, Ky. as Windsharp, Johar's dam, brought a top bid of $6.1 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Alcibiades Kicks Off Return to Keeneland Dirt
- Added-Gaming Funds More Than Third of Purses
- Big Brown Colt Tops Magic Millions 2YO Sale
- Hong Kong Sprinter to Have U.S. Prep for BC
- Tracks Find Human Touch Key With New Apps
- Keeneland Secures Seventh Simulcast Award
- Grade III winner Fiftyshadesofgold Retired
- 2015 Dates Conflict at Two Kentucky Tracks
- Galileo Colt Leads Strong Goffs Orby Session
- Lemon Drop Dream Takes on Seven in Phoenix