Primarily, the 2000 Canadian Broodmare of the Year, died March 30 in a field from injuries sustained in a fall at Frank Stronach's Adena Springs near Versailles, Ky.
When Johar finished in a dead-heat with High Chaparral for first in the John Deere Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) on Oct. 25, it was one of the closest and most exciting races in the 20-year history of the Breeders' Cup and left racing fans buzzing for days. The excitement from that race extended into the sales ring during Tuesday's second session of the Keeneland November Breeding Stock in Lexington, Ky. as Windsharp, Johar's dam, brought a top bid of $6.1 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale Posts Increases
- New Buyers Drive Up Sales at Arqana
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- Charles Town Gets Dates But Awaits Contract
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity