A state appeals court in Tallahassee, Fla., has given Gretna Racing LLC what could be a final legal "no" in its bid to resume pari-mutuel barrel racing.
The Gadsden County Florida Board of Commissioners unanimously approved Gretna Racing LLC's request to authorize a referendum.
Gretna Racing is asking the government of Gadsden County, Fla., to authorize a referendum in which that county's voters would decide whether to allow slot machines at the facility where it is preparing for barrel racing.
The Florida Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering late in the afternoon Oct. 19 approved an application by Gretna Racing LLC to use its Quarter Horse permit to conduct pari-mutuel barrel racing at its facility in Gretna, Fla.
In an application that is generating controversy over the use of racing permits, a Quarter Horse permit-holder in Gretna, Fla., has asked the Florida Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering for permission to hold barrel racing.
Most Popular Stories
- Frivolous Posts Falls City Handicap Upset
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go
- Finnegans Wake Prevails in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Salutos Amigos Rallies to Win Fall Highweight
- Daddy D T Tops Cecil B. DeMille Stakes
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- Nathaniel Filly Tops Tattersalls Foal Session
- Euros Inside and Out After Japan Cup Draw
- Discreet Marq, La Tia Square Off in Matriarch
- An Opportunity for Hoppertunity in the Clark