A state appeals court in Tallahassee, Fla., has given Gretna Racing LLC what could be a final legal "no" in its bid to resume pari-mutuel barrel racing.
The Gadsden County Florida Board of Commissioners unanimously approved Gretna Racing LLC's request to authorize a referendum.
Gretna Racing is asking the government of Gadsden County, Fla., to authorize a referendum in which that county's voters would decide whether to allow slot machines at the facility where it is preparing for barrel racing.
The Florida Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering late in the afternoon Oct. 19 approved an application by Gretna Racing LLC to use its Quarter Horse permit to conduct pari-mutuel barrel racing at its facility in Gretna, Fla.
In an application that is generating controversy over the use of racing permits, a Quarter Horse permit-holder in Gretna, Fla., has asked the Florida Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering for permission to hold barrel racing.
Most Popular Stories
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos
- Competitive Field of 12 Distaffers in Frankel
- Leading Sire of 2014 - Tapit
- Can Shared Belief Be Beaten in the Malibu?
- NY to Adopt ARCI Rules on Multiple Violations
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Don't Tell Sophia Back at Oaklawn for 2015
- Handsome Mike to Stand at Pleasant Acres
- New Purse Payout for Charles Town Classic