Heavily favored Ashado gave jockey Jerry Bailey his record-tying 68th stakes triumph in 2003 by a head bob in Saturday's thrilling $200,000 Demoiselle (gr. II) for 2-year-old fillies at Aqueduct.
Please Take Me Out set the pace and held off Bobbie Use in the final strides to win the $84,400 Miss Grillo Stakes on closing day Sunday at Belmont Park.
Todd Pletcher will saddle Ashado and Marylebone for Saturday's Frizette at Belmont Park. Bob Baffert will be bringing Victory U. S. A. from California to New York for the grade I event.
Most Popular Stories
- Sweeping New Drug Rules Approved in New York
- Hoppertunity Gets Churchill Chance in Clark
- Live Racing Blows In at Mahoning Valley
- Lope de Vega Colt Leads Tattersalls Trading
- Old Friends Sets Open House for Silver Charm
- NEHBPA Files Application to Operate Suffolk
- Haskin: Zayats Tested Like Few Owners Before
- Catching Up with Go for Gin
- Catching Up with Hansel
- 32 Horses Die in Chicago-Area Stable Fire