After finishing seventh and ninth respectively in the Spinster Stakes (gr. I) over the Polytrack at Keeneland Oct. 7, Rolling Sea and High Heels will drop down in company, shorten up to the one-mile distance, and tackle each other again in the Nov. 3 Chilukki Stakes (gr. II) on the dirt at Churchill Downs.
Trainer Greg Foley will send graded stakes winner Pleasant Hill in search of her fourth career victory when 12 fillies and mares go postward in the Sept. 29 Kentucky Cup Distaff (gr. III) at Turfway.
Pleasant Hill may have been 20-1 on the morning line for the $150,000 Gardenia Handicap (gr. III) at muggy Ellis Park Aug. 18, but the bettors weren't having it. The 4-year-old daughter of Pleasant Tap led all the way in her stakes debut at odds of 7-2 to win by one length over High Heels.
The 3-year-old High Heels, winner of the Fantasy Stakes (gr. II) at Oaklawn Park in April, tries her luck against older fillies and mares for the first time in the $150,000 Gardenia Handicap (gr. III) at Ellis Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake
- Three Rules Being Considered for Swale Stakes
- Holy Bull Stakes Goal for Gunnevera
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience