John Little edged Windsor Castle by a neck Saturday in the 90th running of the $200,000 Excelsior Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
Ground Storm caught pacesetter Duckhorn in the stretch, then pulled away to a two-length victory in Saturday's $109,200 Stymie Handicap (gr. III) on the inner-track at Aqueduct.
Pleasant Divorce, Halo's Stride, and Two Point Two Mill were all on the Gulfstream Park track prepping for Sunday's $100,000 Mac Diarmida Handicap (gr. IIIT), covering 1 3/8 miles over the turf course.
Roddy J. Valente's Coyote Lakes ran past Top Official in deep stretch to win the 1 5/8-mile Gallant Fox Handicap (gr. III) for the second time in 2001. The 7-year-old Society Max gelding previously won the race on New Year's Day 2001.
Most Popular Stories
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Mr. Nightlinger Moved to Mighty Acres
- Arqana October Yearling Sale Sets Records
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- Phlash Phelps Team Back in Maryland Million
- Shy Ruston is Calibrachoa's First Winner