John Little edged Windsor Castle by a neck Saturday in the 90th running of the $200,000 Excelsior Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
Ground Storm caught pacesetter Duckhorn in the stretch, then pulled away to a two-length victory in Saturday's $109,200 Stymie Handicap (gr. III) on the inner-track at Aqueduct.
Pleasant Divorce, Halo's Stride, and Two Point Two Mill were all on the Gulfstream Park track prepping for Sunday's $100,000 Mac Diarmida Handicap (gr. IIIT), covering 1 3/8 miles over the turf course.
Roddy J. Valente's Coyote Lakes ran past Top Official in deep stretch to win the 1 5/8-mile Gallant Fox Handicap (gr. III) for the second time in 2001. The 7-year-old Society Max gelding previously won the race on New Year's Day 2001.
Most Popular Stories
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- Jara's Sister to Make Panama Riding Debut
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Trainer Harvey Vanier Dies at Age 89
- Gains Continue on Third Day at Tattersalls
- Draws Doom U.S. Hopes in HK Jockey Challenge