Trainer Harvey Vanier, a mainstay at Illinois and Kentucky tracks for more than 60 years, died Dec. 1 in Versailles, Ky., at age 89.
Play Fellow, who won more grade I stakes at 3 than any member of his foal crop, was euthanized Dec. 17 at Nuckols Farm near Midway, Ky., because of the infirmities of old age.
Western Playboy, who won the 1989 Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I), died in April at Harvey and Nancy Vanier's Fairberry Farm near Waterloo, Ill.
Most Popular Stories
- Trade Storm Reigns With Woodbine Mile Upset
- Wake Up Nick Wins Again in Barretts Juvenile
- Keeneland September Book 2 Sees Big Gains
- Super Ninety Nine to Country Life for 2015
- Sheikhzayedroad Surges to Northern Dancer Win
- Dual Grade I Winner Wigmore Hall Euthanized
- Alert Bay Strikes in British Columbia Derby
- Deceptive Vision Sweeps to Canadian Tally
- Baltic Baroness Wins Vermeille, Treve Fourth
- Lubash, Invading Humor Take NY-Bred Stakes