Play Bingo, winner of the 2005 Maryland Million Classic, will not start in this year's renewal of the race at Laurel Park Oct. 13 because of a quarter crack in his left hind hoof, owner/trainer John "Doc" Fisher said Oct. 12.
The $300,000 Maryland Million Classic, feature of the 22nd Maryland Million Day at Laurel Park Oct. 13, has drawn a field of 10, including the champions from the previous two years.
The 22nd Maryland Million, set for Oct. 13 at Laurel Park, has attracted 120 entrants for 12 races, including the $300,000 Maryland Million Classic.
Favored Master Command gave trainer Todd Pletcher and jockey Garrett Gomez their third stakes win at Pimlico Race Course Saturday with a 2 3/4-length score in the $100,000 William Donald Schaefer Handicap (gr. III).
Funny Cide returns to the site of his smashing victory in the 2003 Preakness (gr. I) in Saturday's William Donald Schaefer Handicap (gr. III) at Pimlico Race Course, where he will face six other older horses going 1 1/8 miles on the main track.
Erdenheim Farm's Play Bingo went from last to first to win the $250,000 Maryland Million Classic Saturday at Laurel Park, the centerpiece of a day of stakes races for the progeny of Maryland breds.
The 20th Maryland Million for the offspring of Maryland sires attracted 112 entrants to the twelve-race program Saturday at Laurel Park. Presidentialaffair is a 9-5 morning line favorite to defend his title in the 1 3/16-mile Classic.
Under jockey Ariel Smith, the 3-5 favorite Aggadan powered through an opening at the top of the lane and outstepped a determined Irish Colony to win the $100,000 Jennings Handicap for Maryland-breds Saturday at Pimlico.
Favored Play Bingo had something to prove and he did it emphatically in Saturday's $100,000 Northern Dancer Stakes at Pimlico.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Agree to Deal to Keep Track Open
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies