Gary A. Tanaka's Star Parade will face a solid field of nine other fillies and mares in Saturday's $300,000 Santa Margarita Invitational Handicap (gr. I), but that's nothing new for the 7-year-old mare.
Seafree, making the first start of her career around two turns for trainer Bobby Frankel, ran away from the prohibitive favorite Pussycat Doll early and staggered to victory in the $200,000 La Canada (gr. II) for 4-year-year old fillies at Santa Anita Park.
Pussycat Doll, coming off powerful grade I victory in the La Brea Stakes (gr. I), could easily stand out among eight 4-year-old fillies entered in Santa Anita's $200,000 La Canada Stakes (gr. II) at 1 1/8 miles on Sunday.
Favored Proposed reached the front at the top of the stretch and overpowered her rivals in the run to the wire, easily winning the $150,000 El Encino (gr. II) for 4-year-old fillies at Santa Anita Sunday.
Irish-bred Three Degrees, one of the West Coast's leading 3-year-old fillies on turf last year, is set to make her main track debut on Sunday in Santa Anita's $150,000 El Encino Stakes (gr. II) at 1 1/16 miles.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Faces Stiff Shadwell Turf Mile Test
- Cup Winners Secret Circle, Goldencents Clash
- Champagne Stakes is Next Step for I Spent It
- Will Wise Dan Win Again in Shadwell Turf Mile
- Wonder Gal Seeks Rebound in Frizette Stakes
- Wicked Strong to Sit Out Rest of Year
- Bustin It Heads New York Breeders' Futurity
- Black Type On the Line in Indiana Oaks
- Thoroughbred Makeover is Bigger, Interactive
- Classy Yanks vs. Euro Invaders in Hill Prince