Gary A. Tanaka's Star Parade will face a solid field of nine other fillies and mares in Saturday's $300,000 Santa Margarita Invitational Handicap (gr. I), but that's nothing new for the 7-year-old mare.
Seafree, making the first start of her career around two turns for trainer Bobby Frankel, ran away from the prohibitive favorite Pussycat Doll early and staggered to victory in the $200,000 La Canada (gr. II) for 4-year-year old fillies at Santa Anita Park.
Pussycat Doll, coming off powerful grade I victory in the La Brea Stakes (gr. I), could easily stand out among eight 4-year-old fillies entered in Santa Anita's $200,000 La Canada Stakes (gr. II) at 1 1/8 miles on Sunday.
Favored Proposed reached the front at the top of the stretch and overpowered her rivals in the run to the wire, easily winning the $150,000 El Encino (gr. II) for 4-year-old fillies at Santa Anita Sunday.
Irish-bred Three Degrees, one of the West Coast's leading 3-year-old fillies on turf last year, is set to make her main track debut on Sunday in Santa Anita's $150,000 El Encino Stakes (gr. II) at 1 1/16 miles.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution