Eduardo Terrazas' Terrazas Thoroughbreds will be relocating from Elmer Whitaker's Whitaker Farm on Paris Pike near Lexington to the Young family's Overbrook Farm, which ceased operations this year and is nearly finished dispersing its horses.
Forwardly placed throughout, Paul Saylor's 7-10 favorite Fleet Indian took full command at the top of the stretch before drawing away to a dominating 12 ½ length victory over Silver Highlight in Saturday's $250,000 Sixty Sails Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at Hawthorne Race Course.
While there will be no rematch between Round Pond and Happy Ticket in Saturday's $500,000 Apple Blossom Handicap (gr. I), the 1 1/16-mile race will not lack for excitement, with a field of six older fillies and mares scheduled to run.
Round Pond and Happy Ticket staged a brilliant duel in the $173,500 Azeri Breeders' Cup (gr. III) for fillies and mares Saturday at Oaklawn Park before the favored Round Pond prevailed by a determined neck.
Round Pond should be the favorite in Saturday's $175,000 Azeri Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) on her home track at Oaklawn Park, but Louisiana trainer Andrew Leggio Jr., who saddles Happy Ticket, isn't ready to concede a thing.
William Slevin's 4-year-old colt Lord of the Game pounded home to win Saturday's $300,000 Prairie Meadows Cornhusker Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) by a head over three tightly-bunched finishers,.
Most Popular Stories
- Favored Amis Gizmo Captures Prince of Wales
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Dalakhani Pensioned from Stud Duty
- Bradley Reflects on Big Day at Saratoga
- Old Friends Reports Death of Futural
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate