Eduardo Terrazas' Terrazas Thoroughbreds will be relocating from Elmer Whitaker's Whitaker Farm on Paris Pike near Lexington to the Young family's Overbrook Farm, which ceased operations this year and is nearly finished dispersing its horses.
Forwardly placed throughout, Paul Saylor's 7-10 favorite Fleet Indian took full command at the top of the stretch before drawing away to a dominating 12 ½ length victory over Silver Highlight in Saturday's $250,000 Sixty Sails Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at Hawthorne Race Course.
While there will be no rematch between Round Pond and Happy Ticket in Saturday's $500,000 Apple Blossom Handicap (gr. I), the 1 1/16-mile race will not lack for excitement, with a field of six older fillies and mares scheduled to run.
Round Pond and Happy Ticket staged a brilliant duel in the $173,500 Azeri Breeders' Cup (gr. III) for fillies and mares Saturday at Oaklawn Park before the favored Round Pond prevailed by a determined neck.
Round Pond should be the favorite in Saturday's $175,000 Azeri Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) on her home track at Oaklawn Park, but Louisiana trainer Andrew Leggio Jr., who saddles Happy Ticket, isn't ready to concede a thing.
William Slevin's 4-year-old colt Lord of the Game pounded home to win Saturday's $300,000 Prairie Meadows Cornhusker Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) by a head over three tightly-bunched finishers,.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Arrogate Unanimous Top Choice in NTRA Poll
- Los Alamitos Meet Set to Kick Off July 6
- The Week in Photos 6/27/2017
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby