Maiden River Rush, rallying from last along the inside for jockey James McAleney, registered a 21-1 upset in the $145,229 Plate Trial while setting a track record at Woodbine June 3.
Harlem Rocker, regarded as one of the top 3-year-olds in North America and briefly under consideration for the Preakness Stakes (gr. I), failed in his first two-turn test June 1 at Woodbine. The son of Macho Uno finished a well-beaten fourth in the $150,000 Plate Trial Stakes.
Undefeated in three starts and considered by some as one of the most promising 3-year-olds in North America, Frank Stronach's highly-touted Harlem Rocker will face seven rivals in the $150,000 Plate Trial Stakes June 1 at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Sweeping New Drug Rules Approved in New York
- NEHBPA Files Application to Operate Suffolk
- Hoppertunity Gets Churchill Chance in Clark
- Old Friends Sets Open House for Silver Charm
- Haskin: Zayats Tested Like Few Owners Before
- Live Racing Blows In at Mahoning Valley
- Lope de Vega Colt Leads Tattersalls Trading
- Catching Up with Go for Gin
- Catching Up with Hansel
- 32 Horses Die in Chicago-Area Stable Fire