Maiden River Rush, rallying from last along the inside for jockey James McAleney, registered a 21-1 upset in the $145,229 Plate Trial while setting a track record at Woodbine June 3.
Harlem Rocker, regarded as one of the top 3-year-olds in North America and briefly under consideration for the Preakness Stakes (gr. I), failed in his first two-turn test June 1 at Woodbine. The son of Macho Uno finished a well-beaten fourth in the $150,000 Plate Trial Stakes.
Undefeated in three starts and considered by some as one of the most promising 3-year-olds in North America, Frank Stronach's highly-touted Harlem Rocker will face seven rivals in the $150,000 Plate Trial Stakes June 1 at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Breezes Steadily at Los Al
- Effinex Lands Grade I in Clark Handicap
- Midnight Storm Returns to Form in Seabiscuit
- Dortmund Stays Home for Native Diver
- Former Claimer Almasty Wins Commonwealth Turf
- Taris Rolls Clear in Go for Wand
- Mongolian Saturday Drills for HK Sprint
- Pedigree Analysis: Scat Daddy
- Dressed in Hermes, 'Dan' Head Cecil DeMille
- Big Cazanova Visits Golden Gate for Berkeley