English-bred Ave split horses in deep stretch and got up just before the wire to post a 10-1 upset in the $500,000 Flower Bowl Invitational Stakes (gr. IT) Oct. 2 at Belmont Park.
- By Mark Popham
Tattersalls' October yearling sale continued its strength in Book Two, with gains in totals, average, and median.
Plantation Stud of Newmarket, England, announced Monday that it has acquired the 220-acre Silver Springs Stud near Paris, Ky.
Leslie Harrison, long time racing and breeding manager for Lord Howard de Walden's Plantation Stud in Newmarket, England, died Feb. 11. He was 63.
Saturday evening's smaller session of Deauville Yearling Sale Aug. 19 was dominated by a daughter of Fasliyev who went for 600,000 euros, more than double the next highest price seen at France's premier bloodstock auction.
Dermot O'Rourke, former director of the Irish National Stud, bought historic Plantation near Newmarket, England, for an undisclosed sum.
Kris, a champion racehorse and sire in England, died Thursday at Lord John Howard de Walden's Plantation Stud. He was 28.
Woodlands Stud in Australia announced that prominent stallion Grand Lodge was euthanized following a long battle to repair the left knee that was damaged in a paddock accident in September.
Generous, who was purchased recently by Glenmorgan Farm in New Zealand from the Japan Bloodhorse Breeders' Association (JBBA), will stand the Northern Hemisphere season at Plantation Stud in England.
Most Popular Stories
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Miss Serendipity, Blanc Snatch Yellow Ribbon
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster
- Fall Meet at Los Alamitos Begins Sept. 5
- Cary Street Rides Rail to Greenwood Surprise
- Ring Weekend at Home on Turf in Saranac Win
- Protonico Surges in Smarty Jones for Pletcher
- Haskin: A Day in the Life of Wise Dan
- Munirah Arrives Late for Boiling Springs Win