English-bred Ave split horses in deep stretch and got up just before the wire to post a 10-1 upset in the $500,000 Flower Bowl Invitational Stakes (gr. IT) Oct. 2 at Belmont Park.
- By Mark Popham
Tattersalls' October yearling sale continued its strength in Book Two, with gains in totals, average, and median.
Plantation Stud of Newmarket, England, announced Monday that it has acquired the 220-acre Silver Springs Stud near Paris, Ky.
Leslie Harrison, long time racing and breeding manager for Lord Howard de Walden's Plantation Stud in Newmarket, England, died Feb. 11. He was 63.
Saturday evening's smaller session of Deauville Yearling Sale Aug. 19 was dominated by a daughter of Fasliyev who went for 600,000 euros, more than double the next highest price seen at France's premier bloodstock auction.
Dermot O'Rourke, former director of the Irish National Stud, bought historic Plantation near Newmarket, England, for an undisclosed sum.
Kris, a champion racehorse and sire in England, died Thursday at Lord John Howard de Walden's Plantation Stud. He was 28.
Woodlands Stud in Australia announced that prominent stallion Grand Lodge was euthanized following a long battle to repair the left knee that was damaged in a paddock accident in September.
Generous, who was purchased recently by Glenmorgan Farm in New Zealand from the Japan Bloodhorse Breeders' Association (JBBA), will stand the Northern Hemisphere season at Plantation Stud in England.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Roca Rojo Closes for Athenia Victory
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- Seven-Time Group I Winner Buffering Retired
- Elektrum Surges at Wire to Win Dowager
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Gainesway Colts Among Hips to Watch